Rally Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Motorsport.ie
910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
XLR8Motorsport.com is a new scheme offering Rally Idol & Drift Idol.

Rally Idol and Drift Idol offer you a fun and entertaining day out where your driving skills can be tutored, improved and then put to the test for the chance of a full season of supported Motorsport for less than it would cost you to compete in a single event. We feel this is excellent value for money and we look forward to welcoming you as you take on the challenge to be the stages newest Rally Idol or the genius of car control as the inaugural Drift Idol!

For more information please go to: www.xlr8motorsport.com

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Wow-watch out guys-the next super hero could be about to be discovered. Hope she is good looking. The current crop of drivers is just such a plain un-attractive lot. The modest fee at least will guarantee a bit of crack for the day.:cool:

[Edited on 22-1-2006 by rubywax]

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
You look terrible, you can't talk and you can't drive-you will go a long way.

You wait and see-someone will emerge from this competition and before we know it we will be slagging him off on this forum-but at least he will be doing it. I have a horrible thought in my head-suppose its me and now I know where my ISSA is going to be spent-buying that bleeding MK II from Walter Atkien in Duns.

[Edited on 22-1-2006 by rubywax]

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Whoever wins this will get great exposure from it-and it is open to folk with some experience too so chances are it is an opportunity not to be missed

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Bound to be someone from the rally world-Rubywax stating the bleedin obvious as usual:laugh:

[Edited on 23-1-2006 by rubywax]

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
for the drift section prob some scanger with a hoddie and white trainers that calls everyone man and drives a 1.3 non turbo starlet :barf:

rallying should not be involved with boy racer sh1te let them rip up the local tesco carpark on a saturday night, keep them away from rallies. :mad:

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Tis many a boy racer that have ended up on the stages-at least they are making an effort. Indeed there are boy racers on the stages too.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Originally posted by rubywax
Bound to be someone from the rally world-Rubywax stating the bleedin obvious as usual:laugh:
I asked specifically who and your reply just doesn't cut the grain Rubes ;)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Originally posted by fatboymotorsport
for the drift section prob some scanger with a hoddie and white trainers that calls everyone man and drives a 1.3 non turbo starlet :barf:

rallying should not be involved with boy racer sh1te let them rip up the local tesco carpark on a saturday night, keep them away from rallies. :mad:
define a boy racer fat head and indeed what you may mix a boy racer with a young car entusiast of which hundreds attened the major rallies and without these car enthusiasts rallying support / marshalls etc wouldn't be as much? yes boy racers ie. 17 y olds who haven't a clue and drive like they are the genie in a corsa and terrorise te streets are not exactly what ya want to see following rallying

and also drifting is a world sport that is dominately USA and Japan and the official sactioning of the D1 GP will be hitting GB in 06 so at least someone is making the effort to help promote and support what is the worlds most rapidly growing motorsport and for a huge number a proffesional job !

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Sounds like a good idea to me? Real and True?

Must admit I watched that Drift Bible DVD instruction manual thing (me little brother got it off Santy) and there is actually some skill involved?

So I dont think the average boy racer would cut it as a drifter?

But tell me Fatchild? If a drifter came to your international HQ and asked you as King of all that is car building guru san yoshi yoshi old master great one Mr Miagi sun to go and put elephant proflex in their yoke would you do it for them or would you decline and shout down to them for your high moral ground "OI YOU GET THE FUCK AWAY FROM ME_ BEGONE CHILD SPAWN OF SATAN AND ALL THAT IS THE DARK SIDE! GO YOU TO RALLIART GMBHXYZ AND GET THEM TO DO IT FOR YOU AND PUT A KEVLER FURRY DICE ON IT WHILE YOU ARE AT IT!!!"

However the rally x factor thing sounds good...................unless a young fella with a Focus WRC tucked up at home wins it.....................not reffering to any other award for young rally drivers......................but this thing sounds like a positive step......................................so roll up roll up like everthing in Irish rallying that is a good idea, lets rip the piss out of it and castigate it!!! It might not find the next young fella to go over and rip up the MOnte stages, or then again it might, but Im sure it will give some young driver a good boost of funding and some attention that might grab sponsors, it works in racing so why not rallying???

On a seperate note, fair fucks to Mc Hale in Monte, the cub done good, 32k or no 32k he did the Motorsport Ireland sticker on the car very very proud.

Im proud of him, he is a Rally Idol in his own way!

Anyway Im back to books and part time slave labour job. See yis again some day. Im putting back on me coat.

"DONT GET IT TWISTED HOMIES!!!" (my new catchphrase!!!)

PS anyone got a mint shell for a 1994 Pajero:barf:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Originally posted by fatboymotorsport
and drives a 1.3 non turbo starlet :barf:
My Granny has just announced she is going to enter rally idol, she hopes the car she wins will be a 1.3 non turbo Starlet, Ruby will be the co driver, and she want to do the junior forestry. Granny hopes that Fat Boy motorsport will prep the car, she has followed his meteoric rise through World Motorsport and engineering culminated in his reccent new web launch. Granny gave this comment to Martin King the Weatherman from TV3 when he turned up as the only journalist at her press launch in a local Tesco Car park.

"I really want a seam welded car and Elephant proflex and there is only one homie who can pull that shit playa, for real its a jungle out there ma *****! Preach! Fat Boy will you pimp ma ride!"

Granny and Ruby plan to win every rally they enter when they win this great Rally Idol competition- they will buy Sparco rally suits and top tek helmets from JP Ruth international rally supplies, but alternative team wear is alos being sourced in Champion Sports Liffey Valley.

AN exclusive marketing deal has been signed for white kappa trainers (laces not included in the deal) and white timbreland hoodies- Team Guru Fatboy will catwalk the new gear in Tesco Nass next Saturday at 3am. It will be a neon catwalk lit up by saxos and 1.3 non turbo starlets.

Martin King will be there to present the weather.

SO GO GRANNY AND RUBY TO WIN RALLY IDOL!!:D

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
I aint co driving your granny Strop-she is a mental driver and should be locked up-I reckon she is better off driftin:) Welcome back by the way.

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
in fairness to the scholarship it offer15k prize to the overall rally idol and 10k prize to the drift idol winner not to many offers like that around, the way rallying is gone its a hard sport to get into. the rally idol could be a good way to find the next colin mcrae, best of luck to both andrew and martin with the new venture.. :cool::cool:

also thanks to trops granny and rubywax for buying the top tek helmets off me thats homies:p:p

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Thanks Rube, I dunno how long Im back for, theres trouble in the hood you know, times are hard, I may have to flee town any day now as Dog the bounty Hunter wants my black a.s.s

anyway you are getting slow since I left, I took you a day to get back to me on that post and here was me trying to get a good ould slagging match going with ya:laugh:

Imagine if Rally Idol found the next Mc Rae, would we all be glad then?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts