Rally Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
I reckon it will be a re-run of ITV programme from Sunday afternoon-which was incorrectly titled 2005 WRC review- but perhaps it will show the Irish Boys-I will record it on DVD and if you want make a copy onto VHS for you.

·
David Cummins
516 Posts
We do indeed and and alot more things that other counties dont have. Im in college in carlow so i have no pilot to work it back home

·
Brian Fenton
1,221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
RE: The Irish Boys who competed:

From The Press Release:

"OB Sport, RTÉ’s monthly sports magazine programme, travelled to the first rally of the WRC in Monte Carlo to see what it is all about and to talk to the Irish competitors taking part. The OB Sport programme covering Rally Ireland will be presented by former Olympic swimmer Chantal Gibney "

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Yep good effort, better than I expected, cant slag it at all.

No mention of Mc Hale at all, even in the Peter Collins commentary?

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
i waited up to watch it and in fairness it was good coverage on the event, maybe they could of show a bit of gareth+austin mchale and eamon boland on it seeing as they are irish and all but its a good start so far and maybe rte might start showing more coverage of other rallies now

·
Registered
310 Posts
Very good coverage i thought....Young Wilson got too much coverage thou considering where he finished and his times....

Commentary wasnt bad...but as someone already pointed out Peter Collins comentary should have included something about the three irish crews .it may have been diffcult to show the Irish drivers as the footage just seemed to be dubbed from the official WRC programme

1 - 16 of 16 Posts