Rally Forums banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just wonderin if anyone heard of any of the big boys comin over to this years rally. cause when germany ran its pilot event peugoet, citroen, ford, and skoda all works cars i wonder who'll come ronan morgan is known to bring some big names

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The fact that the event is the week after Mexico and 2 weeks before Catalunya might deter some teams from competing.

I would doubt we'll see any of them.

I wonder if Matthew will be back to defend his title as it is also the same weekend as the Malcolm Wilson rally

[Edited on 3-1-2006 by CiaraC]

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
I reckon Wilson will come over as it would be practice for the event so as to put him is a strong position to win his first WRC rally in 2007. I reckon too that would make him the youngest ever to win a round of the WRC-all speculation of course. I think we migh see him on a few Irish events this year to get practice and a feel for irish tar

·
Registered
109 Posts
can anybody tell me why none of the irish guys were not able to touch wilson in the first runnning of rally ireland:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::mad::mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Originally posted by kkknaskar
can anybody tell me why none of the irish guys were not able to touch wilson in the first runnning of rally ireland:yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::yes::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Given that none of the top boys were running in the event it is hardly surprising.

[Edited on 4-1-2006 by rubywax]

·
Registered
866 Posts
yea, will be a different story this year im sure ;):):roll::kiss::caution::D:eek::laugh:

·
Leigh Cavanagh
811 Posts
I just hope the Irish big boys come out this year to mix it up with Wilson and the likes. 100% tar will suit the homegrown down to the ground........i hope!!!:p:p:p:p:p:p

Although being between mexico and catalunya,it could be seen as a stopover point. Teams may also be more suited to it this year as they wouldnt have budgeted for it last year.

·
Brian Fenton
Toyota GT86
1,222 Posts
Well Austin retired after ss2 and KPL retired on the first running of the stage I was posted on (Balintempo) on Sunday morning

·
Registered
85 Posts
Wrc Boys

Originally posted by kkknaskar
Because typical top drivers over here in ireland we try to get a wrc and the only top driver to support the event was Kevin Lynch (nesbitt usual put entry in and no show mus t happen afor 4 out every 5 events and eugene donnelly was prob lookin paid)

·
Brian Fenton
Toyota GT86
1,222 Posts
Fair enough, but this this year should be better in that area.

just wonderin if anyone heard of any of the big boys comin over to this years rally
Well,

"WRC team principals to visit Ireland "

"Guy Frequelin (Citroen Team Principal) and Jean-Pierre Nicolas (Peugeot Team Principal) are to visit Ireland early in the new year to inspect the Rally Ireland route, and see what the island has to offer top WRC teams.
While neither team is participating in the WRC next year, it is vital that we learn as much as possible from them of what is expected by the top WRC teams.
It is hoped that other team principals will also be able to make it over before Rally Ireland 2006 to see what we have to offer. "

{taken from}http://www.rallyireland.org/downloads/newsletter/Newsletter2.pdf
:)

·
Registered
174 Posts
Two team principals added to the visit of the COC from the Acropolis last month. The organising team seem to be doing a pretty thorough job.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Rally ireland is a couple of weeks before spain so if were lucky some teams might use it as a test session for spain?:dunno:

·
Registered
619 Posts
loeb and sordo will be here on citroens behalf. To demonstarte what a citroen can do, considering there is only 2 currently in ireland.

Also nesbitt will be out, along with mckinstry (2), lynch, donnelly, mcgarrity, boland, perez, garry, mcnulty, bird, mcrae, meeke, the list goes on.

There are at least 33 wrc cars to do the event.:cool:

1 - 20 of 35 Posts