RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Peter Clarke
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surely Toyota should be comming back to WRC now they have a car that can beat the best Subaru can offer ??
Is that why ford are now popular in Irish rallying..Why did Boland and Barable not buy a corolla instead ? Why are the top men like Nesbitt and McGarrity not buying Corollas...? Surley they are the car to have at present ? They can win in the National Championship as well as the Tarmac Championship...Glen allen is also up there so its not just Donnellys car.? Greer still has one so has McHale,,,Get them out boys!!
"Remember the car in front is a Toyota"

·
David Cummins
516 Posts
Greer sold his a few yrs ago and its the car that eugene donnelly has now. reg K AM 651

·
Registered
77 Posts
It's not the Toyota thats winning rallies it's the drivers, Donnelley drives at ten tenths most of the time and Gareth who won forestry champ. last year finished sixth in Mexico a few weeks back and but for Breen and Mc Nulty both visiting the scenery in Galway and Mayo this year i reckon "the car behind would be Toyota"

·
Peter Clarke
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Originally posted by mondy
It's not the Toyota thats winning rallies it's the drivers, Donnelley drives at ten tenths most of the time and Gareth who won forestry champ. last year finished sixth in Mexico a few weeks back and but for Breen and Mc Nulty both visiting the scenery in Galway and Mayo this year i reckon "the car behind would be Toyota"
So all the quickest drivers in this country drive Corolla's ?? Breen needs more than a toyota to be quick !!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Why is the car in front a Toyota.
10ths. commitment, and maybe the fact the cars are very well put together and reliable, and the cost to repair is not as excessive as newer cars, thus Eugene can push very hard and sometimes over the limit.
Like ANdrew did back in V10 days, when the cost to repair was not as excessive as it is now.
A lot of reasons, but the drivers commitment is certainly one of them.

·
Simon Michael
440 Posts
Cheap as chips, well my mate was at the start line of rally Ireland and watched the first few cars off the line and he timed them, point being

Donelly was 1.5 seconds down on the first corner, this is what the problem is the car is unpowered compared to new stuff, the differnence is Donnelly drives like a bat outta hell through the corners, his committments are big!! thats what the differnce is.

·
Registered
258 Posts
I wouldnt believe that Donnelleys car is underpowered for a second , I think its probably the most powerful car in the championship. Did you ever watch the speed of it up through gears out of a slow corner, tis serious.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I agree with TSM totally, its the nut behind the wheel that produces the times but can we please stop this thread now before it gets out of hand again like previous threads.
Its not fair on the man in question.

·
Brian Fenton
1,221 Posts
"Greer sold his a few yrs ago and its the car that eugene donnelly has now. reg K AM 651"

David Greer or Ian?
By the way it would be nice to have Ian back out on the stages

·
Registered
109 Posts
i seen where subaru team principal said he wanted the impreza wrc to be at the level of the wrc corolla at the time

this can only mean that as ever toyota were, as they say ''pursuing perfection''

translation for trops ''toyota are the biggest playas on da street they dont play with other mfers big pimpin toyota yaawl:laugh:

·
Peter Clarke
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by CIT
I agree with TSM totally, its the nut behind the wheel that produces the times but can we please stop this thread now before it gets out of hand again like previous threads.
Its not fair on the man in question.
TextWhy...? This is a discussion forum..lets discuss ,,,freedom of speech and all that.. Donnelly has proved the engine is legal,he sent it away with a TROA scrutineer all at his own expense. If he was using the illegal turbo mod that Toyota got caught with the scrutineers would have found it. The first post was the question of why all the top Irish guys are not buying Toyota as they seem to be the car to have on Irish tarmac...

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
Eugene and co have had the same car for more or less 2 1/2 years!! they know the wee car inside out and have a test in the car nearly ever week to refine the setup and stay at the Sharp end!! maybe if mcnullty and mcgarrity stayed with the same car and tested it as rigorously as eugene dose they might find more speed from it instead of jumping ship to a newer model all the time;)

·
Peter Clarke
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Why does everyone feel they have to justify Donnellys speed..? Hes quick. Iam asking why the rest are not in toyotas as they are a better car...! Mcgarrity could have three of them for the price of his Subaru.so could Boland.. McHale has one so why doesnt he send it to the Donnellys for to be set up like thiers then he could be back on the podium..!

·
Stephen Doherty
983 Posts
mchales corrolla is an older spec anyways.different gearchange and diffs.. but any event ya see either of the donnellys in,they have the corrolla in sixth gear while others are still in 3rd!!!! he basically puts it into sixth as fast as he can pull the lever,and the car has the power to do it!! deadly car,would love to own one.

·
Peter Clarke
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Originally posted by rubywax
this subject is as old as the hills and the usual undertone is present. Why not ask why are subarus and focus not winning-perhaps they are all being sabotaged by aliens or is the black magic at work-you know-Vodoo. It could be true
Why are subarus and focus not winning ???
Cause a toyota is beating them !!!!!!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts