Rally Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does everyone use on their rally or road cars ?

Why did you pick the particular filter ?

Which do you think is best ?

Any alternatives to Pipercross, ITG or K&N ?

Any feedback greatly appreciated !!

Cheers,
David

·
Kieran Carroll
571 Posts
Its all about cold air, if you get your cone filter as far away from the hot engine and hot air from the fan/rad its all that matters. You can pick up cheap air filters on ebay that are as good as any k&n for a fraction of the price.

Cold air all the way, dual chamber pipes through your engine bay is also good. Not sure what car you have but ice tronix in Dublin have some great kits for Hondas

·
Registered
804 Posts
Pipercross: Ok quality filter, foam type
ITG: High quality foam type

Pipercross is cheap and cheerful has a mesh at the back to support but the ITG uses stainless steel wire which is better quality and isn't as restrictive.

The key to long life and better performance is maintenance. Keep them cleaned and spray the oil on them.

K&N make a good non foam filter that has a lifetime or 100,000 miles guarantee.

Again with almost everything, you pay for what you get.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pipercross: Ok quality filter, foam type
ITG: High quality foam type

Pipercross is cheap and cheerful has a mesh at the back to support but the ITG uses stainless steel wire which is better quality and isn't as restrictive.

The key to long life and better performance is maintenance. Keep them cleaned and spray the oil on them.

K&N make a good non foam filter that has a lifetime or 100,000 miles guarantee.

Again with almost everything, you pay for what you get.
The latest Pipercross filters (600 series ?) also have the steel mesh now..........it's interesting to hear which is the best performing !!

Cheers,
David

·
Registered
1 Posts
I had a Pipercross panel filter in my Mk6 Fiesta 1.4. I now have a 65reg EcoBoost 100bhp. I too can't decide between another Pilercross or ITG. What concerns me though is the micron rating, I think K&N was 20 microns, ITG was 10 and Pipercross was 5. Having read up, 10 or below is advised 🤷‍♂️. If someone proves me wrong then fair enough....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts