Rally Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So people what did you all think of this years rally??
I thought it was very good I got to three days of it every thing ran on time except the last stage, i found they all had good viewing points as well. (I might have been lucky)
The entry list could have been better but I think the rally is going in the right direction well done all

·
Gary Knight
1,087 Posts
Agree with everything you said Chris. Timing was spot on, stages I was at were good to spectate on and the weather didn't do too bad for most of the weekend. I think it was a success and I can see the entries growing for next year.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Yeah good rally as far as I could see, only problem was penalties that were given and not given- Colm Murphy and DMG being unfortunate in that respect. Great run by Roy White though his times showed he deserved to be the winner.

·
Darren O'Mahony
374 Posts
What's the problems with the penalties? From what I can tell, McGarrity deserved the penalty, as was the ruling at the stewards' meeting. Just because he's one of the top men, he can't be deemed immune to the rules.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Originally posted by Jimmy Page
Just because he's one of the top men, he can't be deemed immune to the rules.
interesting you should say that?

have a look at the final rallynews.net bulletin

Anyway thats an argument for another thread- what I saw of the rally was well organised and seems to have ran better than recent years.

·
Formerly RS200
739 Posts
everything seemed spot on all weekend, altho come the last stage there was a delay and because of that we stood freezing our ballls of for ages but it was worth it, the delay also gave me a chance to see all the vehicles that go thru the stage before the stage runs and again i think theirs no need for half of them, some cars i saw went thru the stage 3 times. theres cars with stickers saying "deputy clerk of the course's brother-in-laws next door neighbours best friends moms uncle" they make new ones up for every rally, can they not like stick 2 people in the same car like safety officer and spectator control and go about like that......and they drive thru them like they are wrc's next best thing.

having said that only for them there wouldnt be a rally, but i think they should just cut down on the number of cars. any wrc event you wont see more than 4 cars go thru.

·
Registered
866 Posts
more tar more tar :whip: :moo:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Rally was very good compared to last year but it should NOT be called the Circuit Of Ireland with only 17 stages and only a couple of stages repeated each day its a joke now

·
we dnt need no edukayshun
2,242 Posts
Only got to it on saturday but I was really impressed, the stages and the timing etc all excellent, and the service area was as good as I have been in, on friday I was only going as a mate had asked me, after last year I felt I'd had enough COIs but I'm really glad went, the organisers and clubs involved should feel very proud tonight:wine:

·
we dnt need no edukayshun
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by ste0411
Rally was very good compared to last year but it should NOT be called the Circuit Of Ireland with only 17 stages and only a couple of stages repeated each day its a joke now
Get with the times Mr Meldrew:whip:, this is how all rallies are now, even the WRC , as for the tired old name debate, Killarney call their rally the rally of the lakes, sure don't they run it on roads??????? this year we had a great rally, it has been worth of the name and the history it carries:yes:

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I might have known you would resort to slagging me off

·
Banned
346 Posts
I agree with ste. The rally had stages in 2 counties. Circuit of Ireland it most definitely is not!

As for the rally, not enough stages, day's rallying over too early. Hogg doing sweeper was a star, and bring back the Motorsport Ireland dude in the Skoda, for the prick in the gold V W was a born w anker to have as an official.

[Edited on 17-4-2006 by JJ]

·
Registered
6 Posts
What Circuit.....? I think it should be renamed The Irish Sprint.. its def not a circuit of Ireland any more or the classic that it once was in the days of the legends.. Hopkirk.. Clark ..Curley ... Boyd... Macrea.. Coleman... etc... 50 odd stages 1500 miles no pace notes... what a challange that was through day and night ....
The stage mileage then would make a decent championship nowadays...but still i guess time changes everything .though not always for the best.... And finally a big CONGRATULATIONS: to Eugene he can only win the event as it is to day.and IMHO had it went to Killarney and back i still think he would have won...

·
Tony O'Brien
238 Posts
Well done to all involved, marshals, organisers & competitors,. seen two days of rally. nationals were definately a welcome sight on sunday. they brought a bit of interval entertainment between runs. definately a very big improvement on last years ral... sorry, alternative road book. keep it up. hopefully it gets a bigger entry next year.

·
Registered
55 Posts
i may b onli 17 but i rememba da real deal circa 1997/8/9. classic... but hav 2 say this yrs event was a significant improvement on lst yr.. wel organisd, gd stages n gd location.. fair play 2 da organisers, apparently onli startd putin it togetha at xmas. gd platform 2 inprove nxt yr

·
Banned
346 Posts
Originally posted by nesbitt_1988
i may b onli 17 but i rememba da real deal circa 1997/8/9. classic...
Last real circuit was 86, proper 5 days. But in my opinion 83 was the final classic, last time in Killarney, 4 of us heading off on Good Friday in a Ford Cortina. But times are moving on and my Cortina has been replaced with a Mondeo, 5 day rally has been replaced with a 3 day sprint

·
Registered
78 Posts
Great rally this year with the timing spot on for nearly all the stages. Stages were great as well with easy access, a very spectator friendly rally to watch. Anyone who didn't make the start on Friday night missed a great event as well as there was a great buzz and several thousand people out to cheer the drivers off. Malin Head was the high point of the event though, WHAT A GREAT STAGE..............

Well done to all the organising team, maybe they can get a bit of positive feedback this year after all the C**P they got last year as the COI is a great event.

RD

1 - 20 of 34 Posts