2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not bold top shelf ones

But Rally ones

Esp Flat to the Matt

Is Over €4 too much for a weekly?

Pacenotes is cheaper?

How much is Carsport?

The magazine is ok...............just (I say that cuz I know I couldnt do a better job)

But is it too expensive?

I say yes

what does anyone else think?

·
Darren O'Mahony
374 Posts
Without mincing my words, Flat 2 El Mat is a ball of sh1te, and to be charging €4 for it on a weekly basis is nothing short of extortionate.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
There is nothing forcing you to buy it now is there so stop whinging about the price of something you never purchase in the first place.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
AH chill Rubes- why cant I pass a coment- I have bought the last 3 issues, just so happens I was sober enought this morn to think about how much I was payin for it!

So do you think its good value for money?

·
Darren O'Mahony
374 Posts
Originally posted by garethlynch
POST REMOVED
Classy lad. To be honest I'd say it's far too inciteful a publication for a chappy such as yourself to be delving into. Keep the dictionary handy.

[Edited on 3-3-2006 by ral.ly]

·
Darren O'Mahony
374 Posts
If you want a decent car magazine, then Top Gear's the way to go. Now that's a publication that's well compiled: attractive, well written, funny and, most importantly, has a massive amount of content. It is, of course, produced on a high budget, but at least they can as such justify a high price tag. For a crowd of chancers to be attempting to charge similar (if not higher, when taken as a monthly unit, i.e. €4 X 4) high price for horribly presented, tacky rag with threadbare content is a bit cheeky, I would have thought.

·
Registered
619 Posts
reading and pics in this months pacenotes weren't bad,

flat 2 the mat was crap

bought carsport as well - were anybody elses pics a funny colour? it is dung this month - not much in it at all

Just thinking, thats a tenner I spent on the 3 books - and the mortgage looming.....

·
Registered
77 Posts
pacenotes is the best for pics and coverage i think, i also like the fact that it isn't glossy i think it's easier to read with the lights on (no glare like you get with glossys)

·
Registered
54 Posts
dont 4get flat to the mat is still a fairly new mag
the only one's that dont like it are the one's that dont
get there photo's in it.if any of you got your photo's
in it it would be the best mag in the world.
START GOING A BIT HARDER GUYS

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yes flat 2 the carpet is very new, Its only issue 45!!!

Wasnt it about 2yo yos when it came out?

Anyone remember?

Whats new about it for the double price?

The photos wouldnt bother me- I could buy a disposable camera- picture myself badly in numerous poses with a 16ft flat to the matt bannner all over me- get them developed and still have change............

incidentaly did anyone ever find the munchcin who was going around scrutiny in Oldcastle single stage putting Flat Matt stickers over existing sponsors:mad:

Not cool

Not cool

[Edited on 4-3-2006 by Tropsrotom]

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
No it wasnt me with the stickers- I wouldnt know where to put them, but a buddy of mine was dowen in Oldcastle and flat muppets put stickers all over his back window- well 2- and he never told them he could but they did mutter something to his co driver about they would only put in pics of cars with flat matt stickers (blatant blackmail and extorsion if you ask me!) but I dont think the co driver told thme yes either.

Long story short when they got into scrutiny they were lit on by the scrutineer- who checked fuck all excpet had they got socks and why was there stickers on his back window that were more than 27.15deci meters and mad ehim clean the whole thing- also removing a small visor strip type sticker that was that of a sponor that looks after him very well.

So thanks flat to the matt for pimping his ride..........NOT:mad:

if the stickers werent there then he would have been ok!!

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
€4.10 is an outrageously high price for a magazine that shows 'da boyz' from Donegal in their 88 3 Series, doing that very difficult thing called 'going around in circles', Shtock Kars doing circles around a quarry, and loads of pictures of F2TM Bling Bling Pimpin' - as well as 10 pages of regs for the weekly D1 Saturday night in Tesco Letterkenny's Carpark Drift Series! Nothing short of pineapple from a load of diversified Buy and Sell journos!

·
Registered
277 Posts
I have a question, What the pineapple is mudplugging all about, lads driving up a muddy hill in an ould cart.:mad::mad:

Flat to the mat have articles about this every week.

·
we dnt need no edukayshun
2,242 Posts
Originally posted by sideways
I have a question, What the pineapple is mudplugging all about, lads driving up a muddy hill in an ould cart.:mad::mad:

Have you tried it or watched it? I have a friend who does it, let me drive it one day and let me tell you it may not be a high speed sport but it takes guts and skill

·
Formerly PJ RS1800
2,919 Posts
Originally posted by DavidN
Originally posted by sideways

Have you tried it or watched it? I have a friend who does it, let me drive it one day and let me tell you it may not be a high speed sport but it takes guts and skill
RPM done a prog on Mudplugging about 10 years ago.
Looks very tricky!! It might not be door-handles motorsport but it looks like rite craic and I'd say there's a lot of skill involved!!

I think Paul Staunton used to compete in it.............

1 - 20 of 29 Posts