Rally Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi im trying to get a break into rallying

never done it before but its something i enjoy watching and have been to many events forrest stages etc was wondering if anyone in yorkshire was starting a team and needed a trainee driver based on compitence of course

i would do it as a full time job and would put my heart and soul into it for whoever i was driving for im 25 which is probably a bit late to start comments appriciated

thanks

Jim

[Edited on 28-12-2005 by Jim170]

·
Registered
843 Posts
aint that easy mate! unless you have a rich daddy you would have to be prepared to spend alot of money. you could have a go at some rally scholarship thing but they're like a once in a lifetime chance and you be up against alot of competition. Theres very few who are that good or that lucky. my advice would be to enter a one make series if you think your good enough but you'll have to learn the hard way and find the price of it first. In rallying its money that makes the wheels go round!

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
I am trying to break into rallying too-but I guess I will have to win the lotto first

[Edited on 6-1-2006 by rubywax]

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Yes-it true-on a 1/24 Focus.:p

Funny thing is if this year works out like I hope it might I might just get out on the stages next year in a MK II that I was offered in Duns last weekend-you never know-Watch out-Rubys about-Tee Hee:p

[/URL][/img]

[Edited on 6-1-2006 by rubywax]

·
Colin O'Keeffe
700 Posts
well i'm 17 and i bought a 205 gti last june. I got the money by working for 2 summers and saving every penny! I did odd jobs while I was in school as well. I joined the local motorclub 3 years ago and helpt out on events doing organization stuff. So after buying the car i bought the clothes and entered 4 hillclimbs on my own money. I'm broke now and trying to find sponsors to help me continue. So basically save up as much money as possible.. find a decent car and prepare to spend your money!!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all, new ere and looking for info i did hillclimbing back in 1991 and i am looking to rally are the licences the same for tarmac and stage also anyone know where i can get some sample pacenotes as my son (navigator( stupid bugger) wishes to participate with me,(braver than me). so i can try and learn the kind of info he needs to be putting together.

Again hi all and thanks for anyhelp

sheep

·
Registered
38 Posts
PACENOTES YOU BEST CONTACT PATTERSON'S @ WWW.RALLYNEWS.NET, ALSO A HILL CLIMB LICENSE WILL NOT HELP GETTING A STAGE RALLY LICENSE, YOU NEED TO CONTACT MSA (IF IN n. iRELAND OR UK) @ WWW.MSAUK.ORG. nEW RALLY DRIVERS HAVE TO DO A COURSE NOW A DAYS WITH MSA OR CONTACT MOTORSPORT IRELAND IF YOU LIVE IN SOUTHERN IRELAND.

·
Registered
15 Posts
my advice is start road rallying. Its the 'cheepest' way to get into some sort of motorsport. It might not be as fast as the proper stuff but its a start and its great craic. The Welsh and Northen clubs are fair good at organising the old road rallies, prob best to join a motor club and they'll point you in the right direction.

you could try endurance rallying. Entry fees are relatively cheap at bout 250 quid a time but you get a lot of competitive miles for that, alot of it in the forests. All you need is a 1400 (or less) car, with half cage, 4 point belts and 'recommended' guards and tyres. Sounds pretty cheap to start off with but you start putting more and more on the car with ends up running into thousands (which is alot for a poor student like me). But hey a few grand is only the tip of the iceberg as far as rallying is concerned.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks

Hi thanks for the info, unfortunately where i live down here in St Ives , Cornwall i dont think there are many road stages or events but i will check it out also yes i have to travel upto wales to do a course as again there is nothing in Cornwall, thankyou for all your advice..zrxsheep..

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
If you live in St Ives youd be better of with a radio control car-the streets are about as wide as Miss Clares wee bum-very nice that it is too, mind you.

[Edited on 7-2-2006 by rubywax]

·
Registered
7 Posts
Your not far wrong it is narrow down here and perhaps i could have the first rally prepared Robin, complete with wheels on roof for the really tight corners lol..sheep..

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Cornwall is my favourite place in the world-I was at Camborne-used to go watch the tour of Cornwall years ago-mainly airfields but did get to see some of it.

·
Registered
7 Posts

Not a bad place providing you like Pasties, surfboards and before i forget the Cornish lol, bu ty for your comments its not all bad here went rally of cornwall a couple of times, and now wish to branch out and maybe just maybe cross the Tamar river, i ve gotta go now i feel dizzy and have the shakes at leaving cornwall lol..all the best sheep..:cool::D

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
The easiest way and cheapest way to cross the Tamar is on the A30-you only know you are over when it says welcome to Devon.:p

·
Registered
7 Posts
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p
:idea::idea::idea::idea:

I reckon i may try that 1 day soon lmdao.

D.E.V.O.N i think i should be able to find it lol

If i turn left or right im in the water so if i am dry i guess i am heading the right way lol..

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Thats two people I know who never crossed the Tamar. I will be crossing it it June when I pay a visit to Falmouth. I hope to retire to live in Cornwall-my favourite place in the world.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts