RallyForums.com banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heard from someone that there was trouble in killarney on sunday night
that a load of yobs were wrecking the place and there was a load of ppl arrested
it was on 2fm that the rally could be under pressure to run next year (all donnelly fans please dont start):whip:

the said the only saving grace is that it pumps so much money into the town.

anyone see or hear anything.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Heard there was trouble and it is one reason I stay well away from the place when the rally is on. The event attracts to many idiots.

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Agreed Ciara, I only went into Killarney on Sunday night when the majority of the clowns had gone home and at that, I didn't stick around too long.

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
How many arrests are there in the town on a bank holiday weekend during the year? bit silly when the media zoom in on RALLY THUG headlines, same goes on in Galway every year. Some people use the excuse of the rally for a session,the same tools with the case of cans on molls gap but if there was a concert it would be the same GOBSHEENS AS PODGE AND RODGE SAY

·
Banned
192 Posts
Killarney 06

I know that the subject of Killarney is covered in other areas on the forum but I may as well start here as anywhere.

Killarney this year was a complete F L O P

We flew in on the Friday and had booked into the Gleneagle to discover no lights in our room and a smell of p***. No amount of pleading or complaining could move the staff to sort it out till close to midnight.

On heading to scrutiny where already the atmosphere was poor we were greeted by a Marshall who was shall we say "stern"

I need to be careful here cos in NO WAY do I wish to appear to disrespect Marshalls as they do a great job and most of them are helpful and VERY GOOD company while waiting for cars to arrive.

By 8pm on the Friday night there were already a few of the "boys" with the Jap Spec Street cars cruising and showing off.

Saturday dawned ok and we discovered that Molls Gap was closed to spectators untill around 6am to prevent "ass****s" heading up thru the night and drinking themselves into oblivion.

We got 5 stages in on Saturday and met some Top Class people all day and had a ball.

Back to hotel to find smell was awful in room and still no electricity. Apologies from the hotel and " we will sort etc etc"

Discovered that the reason for NO ATMOSPHERE in the hotel was that they wanted to charge €450 to the guys with the photos and video clips to the guys who bring a bit of fun into the hotel.

Sunday and off to Molls Gap again to wait in a queue and get to the top and be insulted by the drinkers at the side of the road who had somehow managed to get into the Gap during the night on Saturday.... maybe they were still pi**ed form Saturday morning --- who knows, to find it hard to park and worse still Gardia booking people at the Gap for no tax etc etc. Great PR there.....

Got fed up by 2pm and headed back to the hotel, checked out and came home on Sunday night.

My point is this.......

Genuine Rallyfans are being treated like sh*t in Killarney. The Jap boys bring money (of a sort) into the area and therefore are wanted there by the Rally and Shopkeepers to spend either at the Fuel pump or the Off licence. Forget being told the PR machine about we want to get it sorted.......Rubbish......... Dickh***ds spend money the same as drivers, fans and thats the name of the game here..... MONEY......!!!

The gangs that then roam round looking for trouble dont help and this fuels the problem because for the first 30 mins of the aggro the Gardai cant be found.

The Gleneagle charging €10-00 to get into the hotel on Sunday Evening is the biggest p*ss take I have ever seen and they should be ashamed of themselves for being sponsers of the Rally and then milking the pockets of the fans that go there.

The two Gardai who caused the BIGGEST and SLOWEST traffic jam I have ever seen by allowing everyone to queue out the road past the Gleneagle from 3-6pm to turn all the traffic round and create another traffic jam heading into town now..... Not PR here .... Brains would help.

Killarney WAS the Rally of the year last year by a country mile, but the Gleneagle needs a lesson in humility and the Gardai need a lesson in common sense.

WONT BE BACK..........

·
Registered
310 Posts
i think as usual this has been blown way out of proportion.i read on teletext last night 86 people were arrested for MINOR public order offences.There was probably up to 50 000 people in Killarney over the weekend so i dont really think its as bad as its made out to be.

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
wonder how many of them were wearing donnelly jackets looking for the head of kdmc's house :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::busted::busted::busted::surrender:

·
Formerly anihel
1,883 Posts
Originally posted by Ben
according to the news 35 people were arrested, 25 on saturday night and 10 on sunday night.
Which according to the Gardai was down a little on previous years and wasn't in any way out of the ordinary for a crowd of 50000 people

[Edited on 2-5-2006 by anihel]

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
apparently most of the yobbos that were arrested were acting the maggot in the car parks both nights and not there for the rally

a guy that works with me was down and did nothing but complain about a few vans n trailers that were at the holiday homes where he was staying, said the rally guys were only a pack of [email protected] when I quized him about what happened in the car parks and on the streets he said the guys in the twincams etc had every right to do what they were doing and it should be allowed

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Originally posted by peespeed
apparently most of the yobbos that were arrested were acting the maggot in the car parks both nights and not there for the rally

a guy that works with me was down and did nothing but complain about a few vans n trailers that were at the holiday homes where he was staying, said the rally guys were only a pack of [email protected] when I quized him about what happened in the car parks and on the streets he said the guys in the twincams etc had every right to do what they were doing and it should be allowed
sounds like your work mate is a [email protected] anyone that thinks these knobends in there jap scrap should be allowed to drift and draw attention to themselves in public carparks has no business at a rally :whip:

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
I wonder how many have entered DRIFT IDOL,probably shag all

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Originally posted by peespeed
What other reason do you think that element would be in Killarney then ??

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
THe Glen Eagle always coined it-even during the days of the COI in 1979-£2 on the door and 60p for a pint-what a rip off.:eek::

[Edited on 3-5-2006 by rubywax]

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
I know several people who travelled to Killarney at the weekend in twincams and never spun a wheel once all weekend. I also know fellas who travelled to it in a sporty FWD car but never caused one bit of trouble, didnt get arrested, didnt drink on the streets etc despite staying in one of the town car parks for the weekend.

You may be wondering what my point is... well...simply don't try to stereotype and generalise as soon as you see a twincam or a sporty FWD car.

On another note, Maybe Gardai should be increasing their sporadic random drug testing around rally weekends as opposed to drink driving tests, its surprising how many eejits they might get...last stage on Sunday we came across this bunch of loons who if weren't drunk or drugged they wanted to get killed...they jumped up and down, shouted and leaned staggeringly onto the road when the cars were coming along a very long straight at well over 100 mph :wacko:

·
Registered
223 Posts
the traffic on sunday around the town was way up on last year but the town itself isn't built for it i dont see why more people dont try and stay over night near the stages in B&B's or whatever rather than hang around Kilarney. there was a four car pile up outside Kilarney on the sunday which didn't help think the people of kilarney are owed alot of respect for allowing the rally to take place.

·
Registered
107 Posts
I WAS DOWN THERE FOR THE WEEKEND AND SAW NOT TROUBLE.I STAYED AWAY FROM THE SCUM OF THE TOWN AND BOOKED INTO THE GLENEGLE AND HAD NO PROBLEM IN THERE . HAD NO PROB WITH TRAFFIC EITHER COS I HAD A HELLYCOPTER FOR THE WEEKEND ,YE SHOULD TRY IT

1 - 18 of 18 Posts