RallyForums.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Domhnall Lennon
656 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just want to point out one thabout the rally of the lakes on the sunday for the service was a joke . I was servicing for one of the competars and we had to get from one service to the nest and with all the traffic and congestion our man was waiting for about ten min at the nest service for us ,which i thing was bad orgnisational skills on behalf of the rally commitee:stupid::wacko:

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
Kilarney is allways like that Donal you really need two service vans one for the main service aeras and another to go to the other/end of stages.

and the traffic is allways a problem remember when the dunlop lorry got stuck under a bridge heading to castletownbear and he had to reverse for over a mile to turn it there was some traffic behind him

thats all the fun of servicing trying to make it on time to the next service centralized servicing is boring bring back chase i say.

or was it ever banned :oops::washmouth::surrender:

·
Eoghan Kerin
764 Posts
i was helping out with a crew from clare, the service on sunday was on a fairly narrow road but it wasn't the worst i've seen the weekend before in the clare single stage was worse but all the competors took there time through service which made it realitivily safe,

but i must say david randells in car no. 77 would want to cop on to he self,

he passed our service van doing at least 50mph with the horn blaring on a road that only left 2-6 inchs between the sevice vans and the cars it was extremely dangerous,

i could not believe he stupidity to be doing such speed in service! :whip:

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
Trevor why not bring back hanging and burning at the stakes, service is a job not fun and the lack of chase cars makes the road sections much safer. Surprising to hear such shit from you as someone involved in so many parts of the sport

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
im not saying that i agree with the lads who used to race around the country going as fast as the cars the are servicing just that i used to enjoy doing chase and i never had to speed if you can read a map it helps
remember all the top boys are doing chase no one is saying anything to them

and as for service being a job there is not to many people who get the bonus of being paid so there has to be something else to it

remember ill be there on sunday so be nice to me :clap:

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
Sorry mister Dunne you a good man,i is so sorry.:cool:

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
thats ok i agree with you there was some nasty stuff going on when chase was allowed
so when is the sunbeam hitting the stages again what about the single stage in mayo hope to have the pug out 4 that one ??????

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
can I do chase for you pls pls pls pls!!!

I have a twin cam with big ariel- rusty back pockets- and on a mission sticker on the back window,

I promise to drive every where faster than you in the rally car but I wont do any work on car or carry fuel..........whack races for road sections, oh yes the halcyon days of chase should return............not!

fIDGY THATS sense Homie (for once)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts