Rally Forums banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Supermarket chain Tesco will join the MSA British Rally Championship in 2006 as title sponsor with their new high octane petrol containing bio-ethanol, Tesco 99 Octane, produced by Greenergy.

I think this is mad thay are takin the palce over:caution:

·
Registered
866 Posts
pound stretcher is sponsering the circuit :p;):eek::cool::yes::D:dunno:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Originally posted by half bull half hiefer
pound stretcher is sponsering the circuit :p;):eek::cool::yes::D:dunno:
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

·
Formerly PJ RS1800
2,919 Posts
The Dunnes Stores ITC will be next, followed by the Super Valu National Championship, thats rallying as it should be!!!
The Centra Forestry Championship, for the way you live today!!!!
The COI will pob be sponsored by ALDI!!!!

·
Registered
866 Posts
tesco is only a 1 year contract then mothercare are taking over :laugh::kiss::idea::D:):roll::barf::caution::yes::p:(:eek:

·
Simon Michael
440 Posts
I don't know but championship is looking real good, Some of old names coming back, evans & co....

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Value" BRC cheap without the WRC cars....:eek:
But hey Tesco aint no fools .....its good that they are putting cash into rallying.... guys like this dont normally .waste money do they.........

·
Registered
46 Posts
Originally posted by PUG RWD
"Value" BRC cheap without the WRC cars....:eek:
The championship may be cheaper to do due to the fact there's only 6 rounds and no wrcars, but the rallies are still as expensive as last year. Entry for the Pirelli £1000, and the Tesco 99 fuel ain't any cheaper than Sunoco and not nearly as good.

It will cost me more to do 6 rounds of the BRC than it did last year to do 8 rounds of the Evo's (7ancro + jim clarke). But as its GrpN based its probabily the only time I'll be able to compete against the top names in similar machinery.

The higher profile events are good to do but for me the Ancro rallies are the best value if your going across the water.

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
With the sterling rates against euro is it not cheaper on british or northern drivers to do Tarmac series

·
Registered
46 Posts
Fidgy

Your probabily rite, but the tarmac series is just that, all tarmac. I personaly don't want to do all tarmac, it's hard to beat the gravel. Plus the Irish Tarmac champ. takes up a lot of time, 8 rallies = 16 weekends away (reccies etc). If i'm away from the family 16 weekends, I want more than 8 rallies.

To be honest the best format is the Irish national series. Away friday night home late Sunday/Mon. morn reccie and rally all done, but again all tarmac.

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
Will we ever see the national down south as a mixed series again, look at the fun the lads have on the TRITON SOUTH EAST STAGES with the mixed surfaces. best of luck to you Neil in the BRC anyway

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Coiln Mcrae has entered the Pirelli national rally so that makes it worth going too now

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
What overseas events are you doing Brian this year

·
Registered
440 Posts
doing pirelli, jim clarke, manx, trackrod and rally gb.. was going to try another jwrc round but the budget is after taking a bit of a blow so far this year so that has been scrapped...

1 - 20 of 55 Posts