Rally Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WOW !!!! What a rally !!!! It was my first time there and it will not be my last. Everything about it was fantastic but especially the result !!!! 2 out of 2 for the BP Ford team :D

The atmosphere on the stages was the best I have ever experienced. It was the coldest I have ever experienced and the TV just does not give it justice. The speed is unreal !!!!

There were quite a few Irish people over there but how many from here were over there ??

John, have you managed to purchase a new lense casing ?? Not a pleasant thing to bring home !!! It was good to meet you on stage 2/4. I had a good chat with one of your mates also.

·
Registered
145 Posts
thats great to hear did you bring us back sweets or sticky rock

[Edited on 6-2-2006 by v800]

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
A decent covering of snow over ice and hard packed snow on Friday and Saturday. More on Sunday as there was quite a heavy shower of the white stuff on Saturday night/Sunday morning :)

You can get a good indication from the photos on rally-live.com Photos from shakedown, leg 1, 2 and 3. The conditions on Sunday looked perfect.

[Edited on 7-2-2006 by CiaraC]

·
Registered
123 Posts
Well Ciara will get the lens hood sorted ok and got the Passat out of the ditch thanks to a load of Irish guys, its an amazing rally to watch ok though -20 on Saturday morning is some experience.I'll have a few photos online later.

·
Formerly gee
3,066 Posts
was it a good event / people / hospitality etc ? i was told at the weekend i am going next year with about 15 others and just need to work out weather i go to sweeden or barbados carnival. what sort of money would do the trip etc ?

u2u if you wish !

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
From April 23rd this year, you can fly direct from Dublin to Gothenburg with Ryanair. It is a 4 hour drive up to Hagfors from the airport if you stick to the speed limits. You will probably get the flight for cheap enough if you book a while before the event.

Accommodation is a problem. As the teams stay in or around Hagfors, there is very little left over for speccys. You need to book that as early as possible. It depends on what you go for really. A self catering chalet can work out very cheap. Car hire was not expensive. Petrol is more expensive than here and beer/eating out is also.

It all depends on what you want You can do it cheao enough or you can spend a fortune if you go out drinking and eating out each night.

[Edited on 8-2-2006 by CiaraC]

·
Registered
2,098 Posts

thats what I would have brought home if I was there,

the solberg fans out there look like nutters-

Did some Irish chap wreck a hire car?

Not you John?

I just heard one Irish dude wrecked a hire car and they played a request for him on rally radio?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Not sure if a hire car was wrecked but I did hear that someone had theirs confiscated by the Polis. No idea who it was though.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
No No I heard this yoke was wrecked- passeneger was messin pulling the handbrake (the magic stick) on way into a t juntion so it went straight on and ended up into the sioc and hitting a tree, maybe the 5 o confiscated what was left of it?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
No idea, but some of the minor roads and stage access roads were very slippery. I was recceing my points on Thursday and the access road up to SS2/4 was lethal for the last 3km up to the stage... Sheet ice with absolutely no grip whatsoever even with studded tyres. It was worse at 4am on Friday morning in the pitch dark... :eek:

SS8/11 and SS14/17 were not as bad.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts