Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what manufactures are developing cars for super 2000

Renault
Volkswagen
Fiat
Toyota
lada
suzuki

add in ford, Subaru , Mitsubishi , Citroen as mite Be's, it might-en be too bad at all

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Toyota, VW, Fiat, Peugeot, Lada, Dacia (Renault) so far and indications from Seat, Suzuki, Skoda, Subaru and Ford

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
What car are Ford basin it on?

Is the Dacia the 4 door car (looks like a Clio) that has been out testing already (vid was posted here?)

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Originally posted by kd
all you need is another couple of driveshafts matt!!:p:p
put vauxhall to that list, lol
U'LL NEED THE SHAFTS TO GET U SQUEEZED INTO THE PASSANGERS SEAT AT THE TURKEY RUN:D

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
2000 is the only way forward as it will be cheaper and will attract more manufacturers back-The WRC cars of today will not exist in 3 years time.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Could be a bit ironic if the WRC does eventually come to Ireland in 2007 and world rally cars have been replaced at the top by S2000's. If our round was an official event then it's not unforseeable that the fia could prevent any wr car's taking part and "steeling" the limelight from the works teams?

[Edited on 15-12-2005 by x-works]

·
Registered
557 Posts
Had a quick look around and it seems that the regs are that super 2000 will be 2wd only, hard to find any info on though. Suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world if we got a few more cars like the 306 maxi from years gone by, don't know how this would leave Subaru though. Do they have a 2litre 2wd car to homologate?

·
Registered
424 Posts
Im only in me teens but what i would pay to see the wrc back to GroupA i seen footage ages ago and though it was brilliant, better than any of them WRC cars, but still the group B was awesome wish i was around to see it for myself instead of having to watch it on videos etc.

2WD isnt the way forward for the WRC need 4WD , would need to be 2litre 2WD, but there has to be only a few thousand build, think it 2000 of them.

But wouldnt care if i was in the WRC with a drive!!!!

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
no harm x-works u did'nt look to hard:roll:

the super 2000 rules are that a manufacturer can take a car put a 2.0 16v engine in it,rev limit it to 8,300 rpm (have no turbo).run it with a 4wd system with just plated diffs and a 6 speed seq box.
heaven:D no fly by wire computer controlled airbuses !

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Rallying will never go back Grp A, it would be even more expensive, remember as a manufacturer you had to make 25,000 cars of the exact model you were to rally, before you could even think about homologating it.

And unlike WRC rules you couldnt turn a 2wd car like a Fabia or Focus into a 4wd rally car.

I dont agree that Grp A was better to watch, the speed and technology of WRC cars is brilliant, its just too expensive.

·
Registered
619 Posts
top scrotum,

you don't agree that grp A was better than wrc?

Were you watching rallying 10 years ago when group a was in its prime? Nothing compares to it, not even the grp B super stuff that I seen on irish tar.

Grp A, in my mind, was the pinacle of the rally machinery.

·
Registered
316 Posts
grpa were a lot easier to drive too i would say

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.