Rally Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Have you read this report in the Christmas issue of Sunday Life re: John Mc Glaughlin/Emma Mc Kinstry - Junior Driver's Championship points in the Pacenotes N.I. Rally Championship 2005 ?

What a debacle ...!

BAH HUMBUG ......:eek::dunno:

·
Formerly sheriffsdeputy
503 Posts
I sat with Emma in the championship this year . Whenever points were issued John and Emma were awarded points in the junior championship . But at the end of the year results both John and Emma were removed from the Junior Championship results as someone missed in the regulations that class 2 cars were not eligible for the junior championship .

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by sheriffsdeputy
I sat with Emma in the championship this year . Whenever points were issued John and Emma were awarded points in the junior championship . But at the end of the year results both John and Emma were removed from the Junior Championship results as someone missed in the regulations that class 2 cars were not eligible for the junior championship .
Was this class 2 'exclusion rule' written in the regulations published in the 2005 Anicc yearbook ? if so under which Article ?
In the Sunday Life report the Rallies committe spokesman says the same rule was in force during 2004 ...but have just read those regs in the 2004 yearbook ... there is NO mention of such a rule for '04 :dunno:

·
Registered
238 Posts
Originally posted by sheriffsdeputy
Its sad if theres points posted all year, then taken out at the finish. Doesn't say much for whoevers in charge of looking atfer the points.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Nobody even knows who changed the rule for 2005! As i have been told by a few people its been the same rule for a rite while, but was told a couple of days ago it was only changed at the end of 04.

[Edited on 4-1-2006 by J. McGlaughlin]

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by J. McGlaughlin
Nobody even knows who changed the rule for 2005! As i have been told by a few people its been the same rule for a rite while, but was told a couple of days ago it was only changed at the end of 04.

[Edited on 4-1-2006 by J. McGlaughlin]
I have just read again the regs for 2004 ..... NO such regulation (banning class 2 or class 8 cars from Junior driver award ) existed then .
If it ain't in the Anicc "Blue-book"- published championship regs .. Nor an additional reg. issued to all registered competitors by the official Co-ordinator in an 'official-competitors' bulletin' ... then No such rule exists !!! AND as Mike says in earlier post: He won Junior Driver in 2004 driving a class 2 ( Evo )..... Ahhmmmm.

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
hey john whats the crack with u and mike and the evo's up on two wheels :dunno::laugh::dunno:

u tryin to do russ swift out of a job :laugh:

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Originally posted by hillsprint
One thing Middle East, we are talking about the 2005 Season, so the 2004 Yearbook ain't the place to look !!! :)
Hillsprint I Aint got a 2005 yearbook ! It was mentioned in press article that same rule applied to 2004 ... but having checked...that aint so man !!!

Perhaps you could check the 2005 yearbook if ya hav one around ???

·
Registered
12 Posts
Finally found my 205 Yearbook, and it states in 9.1 that the Junior Championship is eligible from only Classes 1,3,4,5

So I'm afraid that you shouldn't always believe what you read in the Press :) Often they dont let the truth get in the way of a good story !!

[Edited on 6-1-2006 by hillsprint]

·
Registered
37 Posts
Good Job Kieran O'Neill Is Looking After The Points And NOT People Who Can't Read The Year Book:D:D:barf:

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Originally posted by hillsprint
Finally found my 205 Yearbook, and it states in 9.1 that the Junior Championship is eligible from only Classes 1,3,4,5

So I'm afraid that you shouldn't always believe what you read in the Press :) Often they dont let the truth get in the way of a good story !!

[Edited on 6-1-2006 by hillsprint]
Cheers for that Hillsprint
... So 2005 regs 'barred' juniors from driving cars in classes 2 + 8 ... a pointless exercise me thinks... considering it's being scrapped after only 1 year !!...
mind you I still dont understand how a driver can be awarded official points .. and then have them removed .. Surely once they are issued.. they are Official .. ????

Me Granny Thinks it wud have been better if the prize was "Shared" between Mc Glaughlin/Dickson .. that way both are winners ! Problem solved... No ???????:idea:

·
Registered
12 Posts
The points are always Provisional until the end of the season, in case there is a penalty to be applied, one example being a points deduction for failing to fulfil the marshalling requirement or for a rules infringement.

AND

The rule still applies in 2006, or should I say is in the rules currently published in the 2006 Yearbook, so unless it is amended later it's still Classes 1,3,4 & 5 only

·
Super Moderator
829 Posts
Rule amended back to they way it was in 2004. To late to change the regs in the book.It Will be issued at Kirkistown..
A mix up that caused a bit of grief but its sorted now.. .
Remember we are all in this for the sport not the hassel.!!

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Originally posted by koneill
Rule amended back to they way it was in 2004. To late to change the regs in the book.It Will be issued at Kirkistown..
A mix up that caused a bit of grief but its sorted now.. .
Remember we are all in this for the sport not the hassel.!!
GOOD TO SEE COMMONSENSE PREVAILING..

Best wishes with the job of co-ordinating the rally series Kieran...

Will we see your Kadett out on the N.I. events ???

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
good luck to john n davy next year with the new 9 and a hopeful junior and grp n title in the tarmac championship:D

1 - 20 of 20 Posts