RallyForums.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Q: If one decided to finish 3rd level education this year- and wanted to go rallying- say build a car with a family member over the summer- that we can both drive, swopping seats each event driver/co driver and so on, how much would it cost?

2 cars thinking of 1.5 vtec civic (cuz we have one) or buy a damaged 106 rallye or saxo vts.

What would you advise to budget for stuff, bit like the master card add- rallying is priceless and for everything else there is mastercard (or in my case MBNA)

so how much will I end up putting on the card?

Sump?
Suspension?
Cage?
Seats?
Belts?
Trip?
Fire bottle thing?
Suits, Boots, long johns?
Piss Pot?
MSI Licences (2 drivers remember)

I reckon I can put 5 grand into the project, and favouring using the civic cuz its there and foc:laugh:

Some one sent me a PM recently that made me realise I know funk all about rallying so me and the big brother said lets go out there and try it............Help me homies:laugh:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Well in my view thers no point building a 1.5 civic as it'll be in a 1600 class so u'd be better building a 1.6 vtech as u'd be able to sell it again alot quicker in a few years cos i can't see ther being a big market for a 1.5 one. That said i'd stick with the Civic very reliable, lots of parts available and a quick standard car.

With regaurd the prices etc it all depends how much u want to spend, look at dmrr they have build kits with evrything included for set prices or iam sure JP will get u sorted at a competitive price. But u could build a good enough car for 5 grand when u exclude the donar car price.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Originally posted by Kit Car
Well in my view thers no point building a 1.5 civic as it'll be in a 1600 class so u'd be better building a 1.6 vtech as u'd be able to sell it again alot quicker in a few years cos i can't see ther being a big market for a 1.5 one.

. But u could build a good enough car for 5 grand when u exclude the donar car price.
Not mad bothered about being competitive- and thought we could put in a better engine when bobs were better?

We will probably blow it anyway!!

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
trops send me a list of what ya think ya need, also what spec ya want the car to be and also how much you want to spend on it, i will give you some good prices

·
Andy Heekin
743 Posts
Trops,
you would need to allow about 10,000 and that way you will not get a suprise, i am now building my second car, and if i had to do it again i would buy a car already built. that way you get rallying quicker, less skint knuckles, less cursing!!!, and it will be cheaper.
you can then add all of the go faster bits as you go.

·
Registered
557 Posts
sell the honda for as much as you can get for it and use the funds to buy a second hand Nova or 205 already built as a rally car, building your own car is definately not the cheapest way to go rallying. Why buy new seats, belts, fire extinguisher, and cage when you can buy a second hand car with all these already in place for a fraction of the cost? Whatever car you choose make sure theres plenty of them in the local scrapyard as this will make a big difference to the running costs.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Might see how much money the big brother can rob out of the piggy bank:laugh:

·
Simon Michael
440 Posts
Have to agree with x-works, its half the price to buy a car than is to build, For the money your looking to spend plus the civic you can buy an already built civic at a higher spec with spares.

But a good site for this is www.rallyusedparts.co.uk.

Was thinking about doing the same and develope the car as I develope as a driver but is a very expensive way of doing things, mate done that on a corsa and it cost 20k and only got 12k for sale of it!!

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Strops-better keep an eye out for me too-I might get on the stages myself-fed up watching and want to try it. Is stage rallying ready for Ruby and Strops-BE AFRAID-BE VERY AFRAID.:)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This aint easy?

JP u2u me price on the threads I would need thanks?

Brother thinks we should buy now? I just dont want to spend 5k and it be not enuff cuz I be broke then?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts