Rally Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might be a silly question, but how come your standard sports shop does not sell any motorsport clothing?

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Cause its all overpriced and they probably wont take on Motorsport clothing because of this.

[Edited on 27-9-2005 by teamgibbons]

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Some sell the Ferrari Fila gear and I have seen BMW Williams stuff there too, but only sheep who dont know what they are wearing/promoting seem to buy the threads.

Rally stuff is too expensive and the mainstream market just musnt be there

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I hear a driver from Killnascully has just bought one of them new man u S1600s for next year, heard he was testing it on the m50 yesterday

·
Formerly tarmac timo
1,663 Posts
sports shops only stock merchandise for crap sports. our sport is too good for them. besides it would take away some of the exclusivity by having every little chav wearing the mercandise of our sport

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Originally posted by tarmac timo
it would take away some of the exclusivity by having every little chav wearing the mercandise of our sport
I could challenge that point......and I'm not talking about Subaru merchandise either! :eek:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Think Tarmac Champion, nice merchandise and all, but everyone and i mean everyone has a not-so-exclusive Donnelly jacket/shirt nowadays.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Yeah its the uniform now at rallies...........................

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Hey Tropsrotom
I must have had a bang on the head cos we finally are agreeing on something. It seems every other person out on the stages is wearing Donnelly Gear-it is the shell suit of Irish rallying.

PS-I am back on my medication (private joke between me & Tropsrotom folks)

[Edited on 4-10-2005 by rubywax]

1 - 15 of 15 Posts