RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is anyone else in the Slow But Dangerous Rally?

I'm in as "tuscan" ... just run through my stages for the first day, provisionally 4th overall .... but I don't expect that will last long:roll:

I have an electrical fault and not enough service time to fix it AND fit forest tyres for the first stage tomorrow.

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
i was on the reserve list for that one and didnt make it :p
im all ready for the rally.ie one next week have the car all readys just after loading in on the trailer :p:p:p:p:p:p

·
Registered
109 Posts
i am lying 10th after day 1 i am bringbackgroupa

pushed her on and spun a few times:caution::caution:

[Edited on 27-3-2006 by kkknaskar]

·
Registered
249 Posts
I've entered as Conor and two other names that i can't remember, didn't do the stages yet tho i'll do them later, its a good idea but i didn't pay so moneys a bit tight.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Yeah i've broken shafts, punctures, lost 2nd gear n had a misfiring engine all on regular occasions but iam still 6th o/a with one my cars but the other two are like 22nd n 40 sumthin!! its good craic tho!

Did ne1 pay?

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
I'm Sideways Sid, currently 36th overall after 5 or 6 spins, 3 bent steering arms and a rear puncture....lost 2nd gear aswell, what grade and car types is everyone using...I'm an amateur in a 2wd with 6 speed box :cool: ........shes all set for tomorrow, washed, tyres changed and sitting in Parc Ferme

[Edited on 27/3/2006 by peespeed]

·
Anthony Fehily
259 Posts
i'm in as 20valver, driving rwd with 6speed box(always wanted one of them), amateur. Got 3punctures,bent steering, broke 2 half shafts and spun off twice, can't remember exactly but lying somewhere in the 40's. Car tucked up in parc ferme, just taking service crew for a bite to eat and a few pints, they worked hard today :laugh::laugh:

·
Registered
109 Posts
just finished day 2 not a lot of service time left!!!

got carried away forgot it was a five day event

between charging too hard and me navvie making mistakes but as always give it all or nothing:p:p:p

im in 4wd with 7 speed semi in amateur it's a grp a impreza THE BEST1

[Edited on 28-3-2006 by kkknaskar]

·
Registered
249 Posts
I'd a terible day two went from 6th to like 2o sumthin good craic tho, tight for service time too one my cars starting day two with no 2nd gear!!

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
Jaysus what a day, lost 2nd gear 3 times, had 4 punctures, 3 spins, broken half shaft and navi made a cock up, good news is we're in Parc Ferme and ready for tomorrows hardship...........off now to talk to the man that designed the box and see if he has some stronger gears, then off to Mr Kumho to see why I keep getting punctures

·
Registered
259 Posts
2nd gear on Slow But Dangerous Virtual Rally

I think we must be using the same Gear Bag

Lost 2nd Gear 2 more times yesterday, not going bother wasting anymore time fixing it in service.

I was only using this event as Shakedown for the rally.ie Virtual Stage Rally.
May have to consider a different gearbox for next week!
:laugh:
Regards

/Brian

[Edited on 29-3-2006 by rally.ie]

·
Anthony Fehily
259 Posts
Entered a second car for rally.ie virtual stages, extra 2 driving wheels and extra gear, onto pirelli about sponsorship deal as my current supplier is useless ;)

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
So how did we all finish up in this event??
I got 22nd O/A in the 2wd car.
Got a deal together to run in a 4WD on the rally.ie event and have the 2WD hired to a new star...Happy Harry....theres a test organised, tomorrow, to try some new tyres (well not exactly new.....The Genies left overs from last year), got new fuel in from Russia but the service crew reckon its vodka and are having a tasting session later :cheers:

1 - 20 of 30 Posts