·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
no :barf:

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
I think we all know the answer as far as I am concerned. It is not a bloody circuit so NO.:barf:

[Edited on 24-1-2006 by rubywax]

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Well it has'nt been a circuit of Irealnd for a few years so a deffo NO from me!!!

·
Registered
51 Posts
the rules dont allow the mileage, and the cars couldnt stick it. If you had modern WRC's trying to do an event based around something like the 85-86 COI they wouldnt last the distance to the Sunday stages!!!

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
why change sure it still dose a slow circuit of base towns throughout the country :laugh:
(if u measure it over years):laugh:

think the circus would sound better:D

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:p:p:p:p:p:p:p gerry cottle :laugh::caution::p:eek::cool::):idea:;)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Q: Should the circuit keep its name

A: Does it REALLY matter ? Is it something you lie awake for hours pondering at night ? Will it make a dramatic difference to your life if it does change ?

It doesn't make a blind bit of difference to me and that is for sure.

·
Registered
866 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
no, not loosing sleep, no, will not affect my life or yours, no i dont give a toss about it :barf:

seeking opinion dearest :p;):idea::dunno::(:eek::laugh::):roll::D

·
Registered
54 Posts
Not often u talk sense but by god you have hit the nail on head

Originally posted by CiaraC

A: Does it REALLY matter ? Is it something you lie awake for hours pondering at night ? Will it make a dramatic difference to your life if it does change ?

·
Registered
158 Posts
we are never gonna have a proper circuit again so why not keep the memory of the glory days alive,what would they call it if they changed it,the circuit of donegal leitrim tyrone derry and monaghan?????

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
yeah in the larger scheme of the universal region it doesnt matter a rattling fuck.

But tis not a Circuit anymore, I hear the war stories of years ago the 2am starts the excitement of 4 days non stop hardcore spectating in a diesel MK1 Golf with only a broken Thermos and 20 free Rothmans to keep you going. Man it sounded like fun.

To put it in a more modern setting Ciara C, do you think Take That should be called Take That if they do a reunion tour without Robbie?

Its false advertising I think- and I look at the Circuit the same.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Originally posted by Tropsrotom
To put it in a more modern setting Ciara C, do you think Take That should be called Take That if they do a reunion tour without Robbie?
Does it REALLY matter that much ?? Certainly not in my eyes.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Originally posted by Tropsrotom
yeah in the larger scheme of the universal region it doesnt matter a rattling rhubarb.

Oh I agree it doesnt matter, but most opinions dont matter really, they are a personal thing, having said that fences can hurt your bum.

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
Originally posted by CiaraC

Ciara, one of the reasons (although very much a simple trivial matter) it does matter is because when someone who is not in the ether of rallying or generally not in a knowledgable position to talk about rallying, they ask me what rallies I go to and so on, and if it happens to be around easter, or if someone is from an area where the Circuit is not, I would say for example "I was at the 'Circuit' there last week" or whatever.

Their assumptions automatically are "Oh right, aye, the Circuit of Ireland, suppose ye were all round the country aye? - where all does it go now?" These are the type of questions I get regularly. I then have to, actually embarresingly, explain why the Circuit of Ireland doesn't cover all of Ireland anymore.

They are then somewhat disappointed that the rally isn't like it used to be, having watched it years ago and still nostalgically look back on it as a big event that everyone watched and when everyone, including non-rally fans, knew the names of the big drivers.

IMO it should just be called "The Circuit", or if Rally Ireland bid fails, call it that.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts