RallyForums.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
I normally let in scan manually until it picks up the frequency (that's what we did in Galway anyway).

·
Domhnall Lennon
656 Posts
:cool: Yes that is what worked for me as well over in galway and rally ireland.

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
killarney is a very hard rally to find the freqs the use a mixture of esb and the own setup the have to use different freqs for different stages as the mountains play havoc with coverage.
as you might of seen the have boards on the stages saying ch2 and ch1 and so fort this is to tell the orginsers what ch to use.
the also run at least 2 channells one is for rally control basically base to senior officals and stages and the other is used for officals back to back.
i had them all programmed into my scanner but i have that many freqs in it i cant remember them the range is between 83.000 to about 86.000 mhz the work on a different band that the majority of other rallies in ireland
remember it is illegal to listen in to any radio tranmission other than the airband or ham radio tranmissions :headache:

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
Different frequencies used on most of the stages on the circuit of eugene rally up north, sperrins caused havoc.

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Set scanners on to stun, if that will not work try excruciating agony-it used to work for Captain Kremmen.:help:

·
Premium Member
1,601 Posts
Originally posted by teamgibbons
Originally posted by dcr22B
I normally let in scan manually until it picks up the frequency (that's what we did in Galway anyway).
Or picks up the soundtrack to TG4 like it did in Cork!!
Or the local taxi company in Cork or the row between the married couple over who was working when (must have been a taxi firm also!).

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
Originally posted by teamgibbons
Or picks up the soundtrack to TG4 like it did in Cork!!
Or the local taxi company in Cork or the row between the married couple over who was working when (must have been a taxi firm also!).
Dammit I remember that, how funny it was :yes:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts