Rally Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Formerly PJ RS1800
2,919 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Paddle change

Just a reminder lads and lassies!!

Ruth Motorsport are holding a demonstration in their shop in Kilkenny today and tomorro. This newly developed paddle shift gear is designed to work with any sequental gearbox and has being tested on wrc events. all are welcome to come and have a look and ask any questions that they have, For more info please contact john paul ruth on 086-1521603 or 056-7790530

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
last night was a great turn out and a great success, we will have quite a few cars with paddle shifts on them in the coming weeks, we will hold another demo in a few weeks time if there is enough of interest . will have photos on line soon thanks to peespeed;), thanks to those who turned up on the night:cool::cool:

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
Where were the refreshments JP, I thought you would have had a few dollybirds wandering around with cocktail sausages and sambos :p :p or will they be at the next demo :laugh:

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
Seamus Doyle, wondering if he broke the unit when the compressor kicked in

Eugene McGrath (Terence O'Shaughnessy's navi) getting told how the system works

Ted having a play with the wheel

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
seems to be working well for ted so far will have some in car action of him on line later this week it shows how well the paddle shift system works

·
Eugene McGrath
879 Posts
think he more than happy wiv it..massive differance especially when set up with the flat change....some machine to take gears now.

de video clip should tell all.

hope you show a good clip of us jp .....:whip::whip: ha ha ha

·
Eugene McGrath
879 Posts
can give ya some of sligo if ya want , paddles workin 100% but you ll have to wait till after finland :yahoo:.. tis good but sound from incar not graet. fierse interferance through intercom...( and it noy my voice either before ya say it !!!) work away wiv what ya have

·
Motorsport.ie
910 Posts
Originally posted by jp ruth
you can give me the best clip ya have dougal
jp i dont think ya have room on d net for the complete rally in car!!!! its all the best bits!!!! the paddle shift really is the job... he totally gettin into it and there change time is next to nothing....

just shy of 3000 to have faster changes but more importantly and really on safety grounds it means ya can have 2 hands on d steerin wheel at all times.. an that has to be worth something on tight fast twisty stuff

·
Eugene McGrath
879 Posts
will try and up load something of it via youtube during the wk when i get a chance

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
i just didnt know how it was done being honest, anyone at the wexford launch the other nite would of seen in car with ted going head to head with willy and david whitty and the paddle shift looked the business from the in car anyway

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.