RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just seen rpm`s donnelly programme on, what a great show and what a pilot.Great to see a little of what goes on behind the scenes. I wonder if PLUM is going to do that with all the top men as he might put a few noses out of joint if he doesn`t:dunno:
Well done plum keep up the good work but PLEASE get the progamme to an hour long:D

[Edited on 10-3-2006 by R4]

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
you could also say the same about illegal recce as it is also banned but lots still do it

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
VERY GREY AREA BECAUSE ROADS ARE OPEN TO PUBLIC AND AS LONG THERE OPEN ITS HARD TO STOP IT,BUT I AGREE WITH YOU ANTO

·
Registered
619 Posts
are "gravel notes" illegal?

I remember wathcing the wrc on tv last year, and robbie head talking in the window of a car to some guy who was out doing gravel notes for subaru a couple of hours before the rally was due to pass.

I also remember fisher on tv talking about being cought out on a stage that the gravel note crew hadn't picked up on (Ulster rally).

Robbie Head was employed by subaru for a time to test and make gravel notes for the competitors.

On the Donnelly show, i thought it was fantastic. It shows just how much work goes on in the team to make him a winner. Charlie and Paddy out on the sunday morning on the stages before 7am, McGeehan and his crew setting up at all hours, and they never get to see a stage. It was fantastic.

But what really showed up, was how annoyed he was at the allegations on this website. And obviously other drivers picked up on this on this forum. Not only the annoyance, but it cost him a great deal of money to shut the people on this forum up.

I held him in great esteem before last night, I can only rate him, and his team, even higher now.

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
SO MUCH MORE GOES INTO IT THAN WHAT SPECTATORS EVER SEE AND ITS EASY TO START RUMOURS, IGNORANCE IS BLISS:caution:

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
WHY DOES EUGENE STILL USE PATTERSONS NOTES AFTER ALL THE RALLYING HE HAS DONE, HANDY FOR A LIMITED RECCE BUT AT HIS SPEED I THOUGHT HE WOULD MAKE HIS OWN:dunno:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Originally posted by Kenny Wilson
are "gravel notes" illegal?

I remember wathcing the wrc on tv last year, and robbie head talking in the window of a car to some guy who was out doing gravel notes for subaru a couple of hours before the rally was due to pass.
'Safety' crews are allowed to drive over the stages on WRC events but only on the tarmac rounds. It is strictly monitored and the rules are rigorously enforced. Even down to the fact that weather crews are not allowed to drive on the stages without prior consent from organisers. Any team that is seen to break these rules can be excluded on the spot.

Originally posted by Kenny Wilson
But what really showed up, was how annoyed he was at the allegations on this website. And obviously other drivers picked up on this on this forum. Not only the annoyance, but it cost him a great deal of money to shut the people on this forum up.

I held him in great esteem before last night, I can only rate him, and his team, even higher now.
Now can people see the damage their 'jokes' cause ?? Will it make people think before they open their mouth ?? Hopefully....

[Edited on 10-3-2006 by CiaraC]

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Did Eugene actually mention this forum specifically and say he was annoyed by it-don't think so-think his comments were directed at other drivers.

And as for alleged illegal cars-the rear spoiler on McNulties car was not homolagated for that specific car-it was off a Group N car-hence Tim's car was running illegally in Galway -of course no one seems to have noticed that one have they

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
ARE GP N BITS NOT ALLOWED ON WRC AS LONG AS THEY ARE HOMOLOGATED AT ALL, AS TIM S A FELLOW ROYAL I DONT WANT HIS GOOD NAME TAINTED:mad:

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
Originally posted by rubywax
Did Eugene actually mention this forum specifically and say he was annoyed by it-don't think so-think his comments were directed at other drivers.

And as for alleged illegal cars-the rear spoiler on McNulties car was not homolagated for that specific car-it was off a Group N car-hence Tim's car was running illegally in Galway -of course no one seems to have noticed that one have they
as far as i know you can run a group N car in the group A class if the car is homolagated, also if a group N spoiler is homolagated for group N suely it can run in group A:dunno:

Have you actually read through the homolagation paper from a wrc and groupN car ruby or are you going on what you believe to be real and true:dunno:
this is how vicous rumours start and you would want to be dead certain before you say that tims car in illegal or not:mad::mad:

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
THANKS JP,GOOD TO SEE COMMONSENSE ON THE FORUM. TIM SPENT TOO MANY YOYOS TO RISK IT ON A SPOILER. REAL AND TRUE;););) KEEP THE RACE IN ITS PLACE:p

[Edited on 02102005 by fidgy]

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
A REAL FEATHER IN MR PATTERSONS CAP TOO HAVE EUGENE USE HIS NOTES, CANT DO SALES ANY HARM:) BRIAN MUST GET A PAIN IN HIS AR.E WRITING NOTES WEEK IN WEEK OUT, HAS HE EVER BEEN ACCUSED OF ILLEGAL RECCEING

1 - 20 of 31 Posts