Rally Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Formerly yotommo
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does any one know what are Rory's plans for next year? Will he do the BRC again?

·
Registered
154 Posts
i'd love 2 c rory + shaun gallagher compete a full season in ireland. i dont think any of the group n boys would b fit 2 live with them if they were in the tarmac championship.

·
Stephen Doherty
983 Posts
why do the brc?? it will be a waste of time next year. rory should be trying to get a deal to drive in ireland next year not in that joke of a championship over there!!!!

i will deffo be hoping he does a few events in ireland hes something to watch

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Originally posted by rallyfan
why do the brc?? it will be a waste of time next year. rory should be trying to get a deal to drive in ireland next year not in that joke of a championship over there!!!!
Signing off the championship before it evens starts.

·
Registered
462 Posts
Personally i like the idea behind the brc where it gives talent a chance to shine and not money and technology.

·
Formerly anihel
1,883 Posts
Rory is probably right to do the BRC as he probably has a genuinely good chance of winning it. The championship will be worse off for not having WRCs, but at least Rory has a fighting chance of winning the championship without WRCs around. It would still be great to see him take on the other Irish lads on tar in Killarney, Donegal or Galway...

·
Registered
734 Posts
The BRC is still a challenging championship although they have made a mistake in not including at least Wales.
Whatever support he will get to do the BRC he will have no chance to get a budget to do ITC. He would have a very good chance to win the BRC outright next year. He has nothing to prove on rallys like the Lakes, Donegal, as he is possibly Irelands most talented driver, and on the Jim Clarke, Manx and the short lived ulster he had the others behind him

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
The names that have been mentioned around the BRC for next year are very exciting. If it all comes off I reckon the championship will be very competitive and a very tough battle for everyone.

I am reserving judgement on the championship until it actually starts :)

·
Darren O'Mahony
374 Posts
Well its general trend for the past decade+ has been a fairly dire, depressing, downward one. Would be extremely surprised if it suddenly comes good when they, yet again, excercise fairly drastic measures and ban the top machinery. It didn't work before, it's unlikely that it's going to come good this time. Premier series? Hmm.

[Edited on 12-12-2005 by Jimmy Page]

·
Stephen Doherty
983 Posts
well now in all fairness,its not looking to good. rory has spent long enough abroad,id like to see him do some irish rallies,ITC grpn??? or move into a wrc car instead of pumping another years budget into the fading BRC

·
Registered
316 Posts
wht use is the itc to him

·
Stephen Doherty
983 Posts
and what use is the brc?? they have seen his pace over there, winning it wont be much of an advantage in my opinion!

·
Formerly yotommo
702 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
does any one know what his plans are? where ever he goes he will be at the top!

·
Registered
734 Posts
Plans are hopefully BRC. Or else, continue with the 205 challenge. He has no interest in the ITC and diffo not the finances for any form of wrc car. If nothing opens up on the BRC scene, we will probably see a real talent watching from the ditches unfortunately

·
Darren O'Mahony
374 Posts
I can't see the ITC being of any benefit to the man at all at all. But on the other hand, the BRC aint gonna get him very far either. What's he got to prove now? It's unlikely that he'll ever be seen on the WRC scene, and that's a sad fact.

Incidentally, given the fact that the BRC has been an absolute ball of sh1te for the past decade, why is it still recognised by manufacturers over the ITC? It seems ridiculous that you have works cars being entered into events which have barerly 20-40 starters, and then ignoring a series which is of a much higher standard in terms of machinery, competition and popularity.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts