RallyForums.com banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Colin O'Keeffe
700 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was driving up to a friends in my dads jeep and came round a blind hairpin right doing bout 20 when a focus doing around 30 hit the front side of my jeep. The bumper was dinted, bullbar and wing dinted on the jeep, nothing major. Focus was fairly banged up. The road was freshly coated with chipping and it not a very wide road. On my left of the corner theres a drop off into a field and there was some sand put in to try and widen the road, So I wasnt exactly fully on the left because of the sand, it wud of been fairly soft so I was morly in the middle. There was no line on the road and a garda is trying to say I was on the wrong side of the road becuase the jeep was pushed in onto the sand area. Is he for real? I'm hardly in the wrong. Loads of the locals were saying its a fiarly band bend. If theres no line on the road there is no proper side of the road is there?

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
You could try sueing the council. No witnesses proberbly-knock for knock is what the insurance companies are likely to say, despite what the guard might have to say. If it were to go to court a good barrister would ask the guard if he saw what happened and of course he did not , he might be also asked if he were a forensic engineer with expertise of road construction and physics-which of course he is not-DON'T WORRY ABOUT IT

1 - 2 of 2 Posts