Rally Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

Rather than make you trawl through all the posts I have put up a new post. The car is virtually finished and about to be loaded up on the transporter to bring it to Skibereen. I will post pictures tomorrow night-Sunday.

Update. The pics below are the car in it final stages. The bottom pic is the car as given to Ray on Saturday night. Big thank you to those who helped me to get this done:

Andrew Purcell.
Tom Gahan.
Seamus Grant-the Graphics King-thanks for the MacHale Graphics too Seamus.
All those who offered advice and encouragement.

[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]

[/URL][/img]
[/URL][/img]

[Edited on 31-10-2005 by rubywax]

[Edited on 1-11-2005 by rubywax]

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you very much-its nice to get some positive support. It was very much a labour of love-I made a commitment to have it ready for Skibereen. It was finished on Saturday afternoon at 4:30 and I had to jump into the car to drive to Skibbereen-210 miles in the rain. There were things I wanted to do but simply ran out of time. The Ford badges are not on the grill or the tailgate, the car has no mud flaps and the chequred flag graphics are not exactly right plus a few other things. But I think over all it turned out well and the next one for Andrew will be even better. It was a really good evening as I had a load of Murphy's pints bought for me by Ray, his wife, Tom Gahan and others-every time I looked a new pint was arriving from someone in the entourage and I was dying of a hangover on Sunday morning, missed the start of the rally too. The effort was well worth it.

[Edited on 31-10-2005 by rubywax]

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The Hasegawa kit is Ok but not perfect. The roll cage is wrong for a start. I used a trans kit to do the wheels which was expensive and not accurate. I reckon the wheels from the Airfix Xsara would work as well for a 1/3 of the price. Another problem with the kit was that there were no masks for the glass blacking out like in a Tamiya kit and it was difficult to get the front screen blacking out accurate as a result. Overal the result was appreciated by Ray anyhow and I was talking to Andrew today and he says Ray was totally surprised and delighted with it. Thanks for the positive posts-much appreciated folks

1 - 7 of 7 Posts