Rally Forums banner

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
487 Posts
toshiba is no more then! there was just somethine about the name! been at 'toshiba' since i was a kid!

hopefully it will be as exciting as always!

local event for us guys too.

jonny

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fordrallyesport

Are you going to take your flying Fieasta to the Glens or when are you planning to be take her for a spin.

·
Registered
116 Posts
jonnyc,

The Townparks (as it was then) used to have a stage in Tardree. The GMW, which uses Tardree forest, replaced the rally that used to be held in Ballymena Showgrounds a number of years ago.

Can't wait for the Rally of the Glens/Toshiba/Townparks, my local event as well and hopefully full length orra is used this year, what a stage!!

·
Registered
487 Posts
yeah apart from gmw it would be our local one too and its always a cracker! orra was a good show last yr except that i got my camcorder destroyed by the rain!

keep er lit,

j

·
Paul Hughes
768 Posts
Originally posted by plr1980
Fordrallyesport

Are you going to take your flying Fieasta to the Glens or when are you planning to be take her for a spin.
Not mine, u must be mixing me up! But hes sitting with his da at the toshiba. First outing will be the alltrac event at aghadowey to get him started!! Some wee machine!!!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
Jonnyc

When I started rallying for the first couple of years, we got a spin in Tardree on at least 2 rallies. The townparks and the Conecrusher (now there was an adventure), it was also the first forrest rally I did.

I'm starting to sound like an auld lad, I'm getting old.:p

In 1989/90 I remember doing the Townparks which included the following:

Tardree
Cappagh
Ballyboley
Glenarm
Glenariff
Beggs 1&2
Parkmore
Slievenora (then split in 2)
and Ballycastle

I'm not sure how many stages in all (about 18/20) but it was a hell of a days rallying.

I'm away for my horlicks now.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Neil McC by the sound of it you will soon qualify for the bus pass:eek:

Did you ever race against paddy hopkirk ?

[Edited on 4-10-2005 by Big_Brother]

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Didnt the cone crusher run right through the night to a breakfast halt and the 2 or 3 more stages?

1 - 20 of 130 Posts