Rally Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My NES letter is out of date. Can i apply for/pay for the new BRDS scheme at an event... or do i need to sort this out weeks in advance ????

·
Simon Michael
440 Posts
if you are over 25 with no points I think your ok and apply at events

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by TSM Motorsport
if you are over 25 with no points I think your ok and apply at events
Thanks for that TSM.... Will ring MC to confirm... RayL take up Your prosposal to run a one make series in PNIRC then ??

·
Simon Michael
440 Posts
What event you doing?? GMW
No I had him on the phone, swearing at me, for suggesting him lol
just going to build own wee car

[Edited on 25-1-2006 by TSM Motorsport]

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Originally posted by TSM Motorsport
What event you doing?? GMW
No I had him on the phone, swearing at me, for suggesting him lol
just going to build own wee car

Not GMW... probably, Bishopscourt or Border Counties Rally (Scotland) or maybe the Tipperary Forest rally on 26 March....

Wot you building ?

·
Registered
31 Posts
nes insurance no longer operates in the north, but does operate in the south. Needs to be sorted out in advance of rally thru the club.
In the north we use alexander forbes insurance for which you have to be able to fulfil a certain criteria otherwise provide your own insurance. Alex forbes can be bought on day if you fulfil the criteria. Criteria is usually printed in regs of event.
Hope this helps.

·
Simon Michael
440 Posts
Yeah the forbes insurances criteria is

Entrants are required to supply the name and address of their insurance Company on the entry form B 9.3.6. The Club have applied to Alexander Forbes for a Blanket Certificate of Insurance under the above scheme. This will provide competitors who need to use the Scheme with the Third party Cover necessary to meet RTA requirements on the Road Sections of the Event.

New applicants wishing to use the Scheme must be able to comply with all points of the Alexander Forbes Declaration :-

· Over 21 and held a Full Licence for at least 6 months
· Not more than 1 fault accident in the last 3 years
· No more than maximum of 6 speeding points on licence
· No physical or mental disabilities
· No other material facts

If able to comply with all points above simply sign on signing on forms for Insurance – No letter of Acceptance will be issued.

If unable to comply with any of the above points complete the Declaration Form itself and forward either to the Club or direct to Alexander Forbes prior to the event and allow sufficient time for the letter of acceptance to be issued (at least 21 days). Faxed copies are acceptable.

NES/Marsh though I think still exists in the south as they only walked out in the uk because of forbes and couldn't get monoploy on rallying

Looking for a car to go out learn in, prob going to end up with a wee honda civic 1.6 vti and do that beginners championship. Anyone any ides were I could get a road going 1.6 vti maybe a damagee repairable??

1 - 7 of 7 Posts