RallyForums.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Irishman Gareth MacHale is no stranger to rallying, but this is only his second ever world championship event. This weekend he showed some of the more experienced drivers, including world rally champions, how to finish a tough event. McHale didn't put a foot wrong during the rally. His stage times were in the top ten for all but four of the rally's 16 stages and he finished the event sixth outright and the highest placed Ford. "We came here with no expectations at all," said MacHale. "It's our first gravel event in the car. It gives me a lot of confidence for the future. I'm absolutely delighted." The Irishman added that yesterday, when it sunk in how well they were actually doing, he had trouble sleeping! Tonight, it will more likely be celebrations that keep him from sleeping.

McHale in Mexico
http://www.wrc.com/javaImages/ab/c6/0,,10111~2868907,00.jpg

Dani Sordo is one of Spain's emerging talents. He's backed by former world champion Carlos Sainz, who no doubt would be happy with his protégé's driving this weekend. Sordo finishes the rally in fourth place after a faultless and mature drive in his first gravel event in a World Rally Car. Marc Van Dalen, Kronos Racing's Team Principal commented that Sordo had driven a perfect learning rally. "This is a good position for first time in this car," said a beaming Sordo at the end of the rally's final stage. "We made no mistakes. The car was perfect, the mechanics worked very well, my co-drivers, sponsors and everybody." Sordo will continue contesting the J-WRC as well as selected events in a World Rally Car.

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
i would just like to add a big congratulation to GARETH MACHALE who finnished a brilliant 6TH on this tough event!! Im sure gareth has seriously made the irish rallying community proud and helped to boost our WRC bid!

Well done!!!

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just watched ITV's Coverage and i thought it wasnt bad but Gareth got 1 small 2-3 second slot and that was it out of nearly and hour's rally coverage!! Pure Poop if you ask me!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts