Rally Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there any other place apaprt from the rallyschool that are running the course for the license?? I just cant get the time to go up there for ages, is the place below in waterford doing it?? Or is there anyway around it?? (I know you dont have to do it if your a navi)

·
Patrick S
455 Posts
I am in the same position
i just cant get myself to make the long journey to monaghan-while i know its a fantastic venue.
Waterford would be much easier for me

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Iv been up there twice before , will that count for anything?? I just dont have time to get up there

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
Originally posted by Michaeld
Iv been up there twice before , will that count for anything?? I just dont have time to get up there
did you do the full day micheald? you should have got a cert if you did which used to qualify

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I shared two full days with my dad, drove both the ford and the subaru, im 90% sure that i have the cert but to find it would be the next thing, would that be enough ??

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
phone motorsport ireland but i think its all you need

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
I thought this was a thread about licence revenue>>>>>>:oops:

However now that I think of it how much is it to get this licence and where does the money go?

Do the licence holders own Motorsport Ireland and are they allowed ask or have a say in where or how profit is spent????????????:question:

·
Ray Fitzpatrick
1,705 Posts
you dont need it fo navigators lic. only for driving, for the circuit you will prob need an international co-drivers lic. which means you can drive between stages (with irds i assume) cost around €13 , you need to download the form from MI site

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Originally posted by Michaeld
So does anyone know anything about the venue??Most grateful for any relevant information on this
Questions answered

answers questioned.

it is the only real and true venue so its there or no where unless M.I breaks the cosy cartel (does there need to be more than 1 for a cartel though?)

·
Registered
258 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Martin, I have made 4 phonecalls to the MI on the matter and each time i get deffered or given a very vague answer, i realise there are a busy organisation with the whole Rally Ireland thing. I then decided to post it up here to see if someone could tell me for definite as i distinctly remember someone asking for a date when the Waterford place would be starting to do it.

By the way, why would you make a personal remark like that which hints that I am incapable of doing my job??

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
I rang MI today.The cert from the rally driving course(the one you book yourself....fun day etc) will NOT do.
You have to buy the starter pack from MI (20 euro,includes forms,yearbook, DVD ,course description and reference number for booking the course in Monaghan)
Only the MI booked course will suffice for licence applications.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts