RallyForums.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know what the story is with changing class in Rally Ireland.
I am hopeing to compete but my original class entered car will not be ready and want to change to class N4.
But from what i'm told i can not do so.

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
As far as I know you cant change class after the entry list has been published, one driver who hoped to drive a WRCar wont be there due to this reason, another driver entered both A8 and N4 classes just in case his budget was short. If you ring Claire Walsh, the rally secretary she'll fill you in.

·
Registered
440 Posts
im pretty sure it can be done.. even if it runs to full wrc rules as carlson did it in sweden all he had to do was get permission from all entrants.. but i dont think it is running to full wrc rules as it is not a round of it YET.. think it has to run the samE rules as any other international in ireland.. as far as am aware any way but i could be wrong....

·
Registered
170 Posts
I think you can change cars but they have to be in the same class as the class on the entry list

·
Registered
410 Posts
Check with organisers but the rule of thumb is that an entrant can only change one item on the entry form be that driver, car,co-driver or class. Hence you may be able to change the car but not the class. So as an example in the unlikely event of he appearing, on this basis, were Rory Galligan to arrive in a Group N Mitsubishi he would have to run in the original class entered i.e.with the WRC's.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Originally posted by ttibsen werdna
does anyone know where the sfollowing stages are based: 7, 8, 11

[Edited on 1-3-2006 by ttibsen werdna]
stages r based south of sligo in the leitrim,rocommon area.

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
I was talking to Claire Walsh last Sunday and when asked about a certain competitor she said he couldnt do the event as the rules state that you cant chagne cars once the entry list is published. The guy in question is entered in class A8 but cant raise the budget for the car, he has enough to run an N4 car though but isnt allowed to do this

1 - 8 of 8 Posts