Rally Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Leigh Cavanagh
811 Posts
No early news on entries???
I know they close on friday but anyone hear of any of the top Irish men in it yet???
Pity about the homolagation rules,would be nice to smell the burnin fumes of a few mark2's !!!!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Rumour circulating that they only had 30 entries last week?

Will Danny Carlson be back- snigger snigger

·
Registered
170 Posts
Taken from WRC.com,

Extra tarmac experience for Atkinson

Subaru World Rally Team driver Chris Atkinson will take part in the 2006 Rally Ireland, a candidate event the 2007 World Rally Championship. He will drive a Group N Subaru Impreza and will be partnered by regular co-driver, Glean Macneall.

"It's unfamiliar territory for me," said Atkinson, "but from what I've heard it's going to be a lot of fun. I've never been to Ireland before but I know it's a country where rallying is very popular and the local competition is bound to be pretty fierce. It's great to have the opportunity to get more asphalt kilometres under my belt, so I'm really looking forward to it."

"Gaining more experience on asphalt is one of Chris's development objectives this year," said SWRT performance director, David Lapworth. "The challenging stages in Ireland will be great practice for him."

First run in 2005, the rally features asphalt stages in Donegal, Fermanagh, Leitrim, Sligo and Tyrone and will be observed by the FIA with the intention of being included in the 2007 World Rally Championship calendar.

http://www.worldrallying.info/forum/viewthread.php?tid=4762

[Edited on 1-2-2006 by Eoiny]

·
Registered
557 Posts
Don't think they trust him to get a WRC to the finish line, all to easy to get caught up trying to beat the locals and putting it in the ditch instead of gaining valuable experiance of the stages?

[Edited on 1-2-2006 by x-works]

·
Registered
51 Posts
look what happend the last time they sent Pepsi over to the Titanic special, were harder than they thought to beat on home tar:eek:

·
Leigh Cavanagh
811 Posts
Just read this on waylanders link from the Belfast Telegraph'
Interview with Eugene Donnelly and as hes talking about his chances this year in the Corrolla he mentions Rally Ireland;

"But we couldn't quite put the deal together so I'm sticking with my Toyota. We've made big improvements to the suspension and we will have an uprated engine for Rally Ireland in March but it is still a long way behind an S10 or an S11 Subaru."

Cant fookin wait!!!!:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p:p

1 - 15 of 15 Posts