Rally Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any dudes on this forum planning on a trip to this rally in March ?

I'm looking for info on best - craic places to stay/ pubs etc ????

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Most of the hotels in Salou are quite close to the centre where all the nightlife is. We stayed in the Regina Gran last year and the accommodation is very nice and it offers a full-board option so you get your evening meal included. The food was quite nice also. The service area was a 10 minute walk. We booked our hotel through www.alpharooms.com last year. Just specify you want Salou.

The majority of the stages were very easy to get to and within an hour drive of the town.

Most people seemed to go to Danny's Bar in the evenings, this was a 5-10 minute walk from the Regina Gran. The promenade where the start/finish is situated was only a further 2 mins from Danny's. There are 2-3 other pubs/disco bars beside Danny's also.

·
Registered
62 Posts
defo go to danny boys was billiant last year stopped disco to show the rally on the big screen. rallying and pints best mix ever. im goin to finland this year but love to go back spain. one tip would be to get to stages early they close the roads long way from the stages but its well worth the walk

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was at Sardinia WRC ( Italy ) last year... Brill place/Good Stages/ Good Viewing etc ... Have been told that Catalunya viewing is crap... be better going to Donegal !..Any views on this ? Can't make me mind up wether to go or not now

·
Registered
105 Posts
The stages should be the same this year as 2005. They were quite nice, but access can be quite difficult for the normal specie. I had the advantage of media pass, and could get past the police road blocks, and also drive the stages. The number of access points is very limited on most of the stages, so lots of walking required.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Originally posted by Middle East Driver
I was at Sardinia WRC ( Italy ) last year... Brill place/Good Stages/ Good Viewing etc ...
Are you going back this year ?? I think I am there this year so would you recommend staying on the Sunday night ? What is the after rally night life like ? I've not finalised travel arrangements yet.

Catalunya last year was not as good as the 2 years before. I do not think the stages are as good in terms of spectacle as the stages around Vic. But that is only my personal opinion

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Sunday night Sardinia

Ciara Nightlife is excellent BUT expensive... the rally starts /finishes in Porto Cervo... playground of the rich and famous ! Hotels there are megabucks ..!!!

But there is plenty to do in Olbia ( near to the Rally village/Service area ) which is about 30k from Porto Cervo.

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you are looking for a place - quieter/nice restaurants/ street cafes etc, bit of nightlife try St.Terese di Gallura or Palau ... get the ferry over to the island ... its a haven.:)
ps: Watch the roads on the west coast road...some deceptive/off-camber 'fresh -air corners'.

I flew into Alghero.. west coast ... it is also lively and cosmopolitan.. and has student pubs/music bars etc in the 'olde town'...well worth a visit !
Ther Palau Hotel,Alghero is good value and close to all attractions.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts