RallyForums.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was spectating on Rally Ireland at the weekend and did enjoy it despite the horrible weather.

I have to say though i really miss the older rally cars.
Does anyone else agree that there was nothing like the smell of a Group 4 car, you the smell of the Castrol R off the exhaust and the the fact that you could hear them screaming for miles. Also i saw a car passing another car on a stage and couldnt believe how very uneffective the horn was. You rally drivers really need to get stronger horns these days.

·
Formerly RS200
739 Posts
if i hadda pound/euro for every time i heard these words from some bugger poking his nose over my shoulder i wouldnt have to shop at bernardo's no more.

"ah jeezes ya wonna see an owl mark ii cumin sliding along there"

move on.

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
Originally posted by Rallychic

I have to say though i really miss the older rally cars.
Does anyone else agree that there was nothing like the smell of a Group 4 car, you the smell of the Castrol R off the exhaust and the the fact that you could hear them screaming for miles.
All this from the person who reckons that Mk2's should be banned :dunno::dunno: :dunno:

·
Registered
462 Posts
Personally I owuld love to have seen a mkII coming along them stages for a bit of entertainment whereas most of the drivers were neat and tidy and fast.

·
Registered
43 Posts
most of them neat and tidy and not so fast bar the top few wrc's and top group n boys not really fair either genie and co getting a free entry and the lads down the field that cant afford to pay it have to

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Boring heard it all before- no Mk2 is worth watching unless Philip Shaw is driving it- or perhaps world Mk2 Champ Pat Donegan.

You dont hear the F1 boys longing to see an MP4 Mclaren back now do you?

·
Darren O'Mahony
374 Posts
What in the name of Jesus Christ is this World Mk2 Rally Championship you keep referring to? Was the Titanic Sprint ever labelled the World Mk2 Championship?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Not specifically but he did beat Donnelly (by 2) in a Mk2 he beat Mc Shea he beat Evans etc etc sure didnt they have to get Mc Shea to put the cork back in the champagne when they saw Donegans last time!!!

Maybe World Mk2 Champ is a bit strong?

"The Developed World and Civillised society Mk2 Champion"

On another subject its not only rally cars that are different!

Trains are fucked too!
I was on one in Dublin at Christmas and it had no steam coming out of it!!!

I think its called the Lewis?

However the fashionably dressed young drug addict who offered to sell me some of his wares and then stole my phone and Addidas footwear when I polietly refuesed his offer told me that this train was a bleedin deadly buzz as it takes you to some nice place called Dundrum where they have much nicer phones to liberate "not just skanky Nokias!"

Im so traumatised I will never buy a Nokia again.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Originally posted by Jimmy Page
What in the name of Jesus Christ is this World Mk2 Rally Championship
Ps did you see that film they made about jesus Christ?

As boigraphys go I thought Ray was a much better film! at least I understood the brothers in that film

even the Michael Jackson lifestyle epic Moonwalker was a better film if slightly more un nerving with hindsight given the amount of young children featured in its plotline.

But then again I dont think Jesus had an album out at the time of the film so it is not comparing like with like

[Edited on 14-3-2006 by Tropsrotom]

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
If we get the WRC here next year you'll all see how good world cars can be - never mind that Carlson lad, the likes of Solberg and Gronholm will wake ye all up!!!! You think Nesbitt uses all the road and more......you ain't seen nothing yet!

·
Darren O'Mahony
374 Posts
Originally posted by Tropsrotom
Originally posted by Jimmy Page
What in the name of Jesus Christ is this World Mk2 Rally Championship
Ps did you see that film they made about jesus Christ?
[Edited on 14-3-2006 by Tropsrotom]
I did, yeah. You're such a liberal, zany character. You're not afraid to cross those boundaries set down by "the man." You're such a free spirit, a bit like a kettle.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Yeah I would like to be a kettle- it would be such a rewarding existence- kettles like rally cars are not what they used to be- (see its back on topic now!)

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
If I am a kettle?

I want to be this one its designed by Porsche!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts