RallyForums.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just wondering what sort of cash it would cost 2 hire an n10-11 subaru r evo 8-9 4 an international rally? how much would you pay 4 insurance? also if you had a good group n car, how often would you need 2 do up various parts (i.e) dog box,proflex/reiger, diff's? look 4ward 2 some feed back on this.:laugh:

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
4 once on this site, there's something nobody knows anything about !!! help me out here looking 4 info asap. thanks

·
Simon Gillespie
414 Posts
Well I was quoted €800 per day insurance for an evo 8, but the excess was £5000 on it and it didn't cover engine and gearbox etc.... and for a one day rally with fuel, tyres and insurance on the likes of an evo 7/8 you would pay anything between €4400 and €5000!

Anyone else anything to add to that? Or was i being ripped off....

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
i heard 3kstg off derek job for a 6/7 dont now if thats all in or what

as 4 maintance once a year for shocks would be good enuff clutch maybe 2/3 rallies and box should do most of the year some poeple would do most of this stuff after each rally but the would be big spenders the sub is a harder car to maintain than the evo i heard after 30 stages the box needs doing ???

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why's that nobbly? im just looking 2 get a bit of info as i was looking 2 hire a car + it seemed a bit dear so im looking 4 a second opinion!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
53 Posts
to do full international round would cost in the region of £7000 arrive and drive, it is not cheap, if you go get a car hired and run it yourself then half this...
If you own a car and want it to last, maintain it after each rally, remove box, checkin the clutch, remove struts thoroughly clean, etc, probably a running cost of at least 1k between rallies looking after it youself, suspension will need rebuilt at least once mid season,

they are not cheap to rent, if so you get what you pay for.............

1 - 9 of 9 Posts