RallyForums.com banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
High Octane Sniffer
2,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive a few mates on MSN and also are registered to this forum and Im hearing alot of negitive feedback to the fourm Mainly cause Of posts being delelted and Unfair annoying Forum members :mad:

Ive also notise in some cases Other more repectfull fourmmembers make a post and It isnt long before somewhat Unrepectfull Forum members add a "FUNNY" post To help them gain extra ranking,

Stop the shiiit talk, and Make some decent posts and help the fourm Run In Peace

A few posting Rules should be added to top of every section ,

One Topic Per Event should be a top Rule as Ive seen 3/4 topic fer COI already !!!!!:barf:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
yes but we must remember potential new moderators might abuse their power- I say leave the status quo as the current ones do a grand job.

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
Anto, show me three links to the three forums where there are 5,000 people on them. I'd be intrigued to know lol.

As for the bullshít comments, they are certainly a plenty of late.

Regarding posts being removed, have a bit of common sense and think why they might be removed - potential libellous, accusations, rumours, controversial or bordering obscene, copyright issues, etc etc. I'd have thought all this would be self explanatory. I've said it before and its true, a thread on an internet forum is as much part of the media as a newspaper article, radio piece or tv programme.

Over the last few decades and indeed century lol, Many many court cases have started up from things stated or mentioned in the media. Like any type of media, internet forums must too be moderated. And anything which a moderator sees as being any of the above, it will be removed.

As for three or four threads about one rally.... get a life :p I do filter down threads in the photography/video forum that are about one rally, but in the main forums, because the content of each thread about a rally are about a different thing, and possibly going on at the same time, if you merged them you would have replied posts relating to another thread mingled, making reading it quite confusing.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Originally posted by gee
agree with gus, ANY live internet forum will be moderated and a lot of stuff gets deleted it's only fair on the owner of it all as they are held responsible if anything was to go pete tong !
gee I tink you r wrong here . each user is responsible for there own posts not the owner . thats why there is a COPPE agrement

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
Originally posted by jackhackett
each user is responsible for there own posts not the owner . thats why there is a COPPE agrement
Firstly Jack, Gee is not wrong. Secondly, what you say above may be true to a certain extent but just because its the only stated rule in the forum guidelines, that doesn't mean its unequivacly the ONLY rule that should be adhered by - As I already said theres a thing called common sense, and thats a much more important rule than "each user being responsible for their own posts". There are such things as unwritten rules, both in life and on internet forums. Its not rocket science, so don't try stir things up by pinpointing the scantest of things to home in on and nark and complain about :mad:

·
Registered
22 Posts
fair point on the common sense ting but i dont get the unwritten rules bit . You say people can be taken to court over things on a forum my question is if they are unwritten rules it would surely take one heck of a justice system to prosecute offenders ?? :mad::mad:

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
Yes in other words that is what I'm saying. You can be arrested for virtually anything these days. Eg, even if you are only suspected to be potentially preverting the cause of justice (or if your said to be ignoring the potential prevention of terrorism) you can be questioned and arrested without warrant or court order...try that for a mouthful !

·
Registered
866 Posts
it will all become a better world once im a VIP on the forum :p:roll::kiss::D:):yes::(

1 - 13 of 13 Posts