Rally Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEARD PRODRIVE DID A SERIOUS TARMAC TEST IN CAVAN ON MONDAY WITH A WRC DRIVER IN AN IRISH COMPETITORS SILVER CAR AS THEIR OWN TEST CAR WAS NOT AVAILABLE. DO THEY SEE A FUTURE IN RALLY IRELAND?

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Not many nice sliver cars out there?

But I reckon there is one that looks nice enough to win the circuit Real and true.

·
Registered
734 Posts
I doubt Atkinson as I am sure he wold have been in Spain. Maybe Pasi Hagstrom as he has conducted tests here on an S11 not long ago.
Altough it is a long time since Pasi qualified as WRC Driver.

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
would it not be the french man STÉPHANE SARRAZIN there
tarmac expert?? sure he's the man doing all the tarmac testing with pirelli to try and bridge the gap to michelin:dunno:

·
Formerly tarmac timo
1,663 Posts
Probably not sarrazin. He was in Sebring at the weekend doing his roundy roundy thing!!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
It was Chris Atkinson and he was testing new ultra secret Pirelli's. He was only there for a very short while and then he left by helicopter to catch flights for Spain.

I know a farmer up that country and he is my source- he knows fuck all about rallying but he knows enough that he could tell me it was Subarus Australian driver "Chris" it is some special tyre they have developed to work on the new non active cars so they were doing all the testing in an active car to make the tyres work even harder to prove endurance, at least thats what the farmer was told by some fella in a yellow jacket?

Isnt it cool that Prodrive would choose Ireland and Cavan to do this test?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I heard they wer just doin a test in order to try and get sales, inviting potential customers etc, Chris was there to take people runs and instruction etc, they do this alot in ireland was at one about two years ago in Donegal.

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
BIG TEST NOT SO LONG AGO WITH MANY TOP IRC DRIVERS IN THE COOLEY MOUNTAINS, OICS APPEARED ON THE FORUM. TIM MCNULTY WAS THE ONLY ONE TO BUY

·
Formerly m.lowe
5,343 Posts
Originally posted by Tropsrotom

I know a farmer up that country and he is my source- he knows fuck all about rallying but he knows enough that he could tell me it was Subarus Australian driver "Chris" it is some special tyre they have developed to work on the new non active cars so they were doing all the testing in an active car to make the tyres work even harder to prove endurance, at least thats what the farmer was told by some fella in a yellow jacket?

Isnt it cool that Prodrive would choose Ireland and Cavan to do this test?
Bloody clued up farmer if he can tell active from non active cars.

Guess his Zetor is active:D

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Atkinson was there, and the person I know on the tractor was talking to some of the crew there.

And its a New Holland tractor not a Zetor- No EEC grant so fuck you

1 - 20 of 20 Posts