Rally Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
There is quite a hefty penalty for not doing your marshalling in the championship. Is this right? Some may say that it eases the problem of not enough marshals but is that not what the entry fee is for. Many men can only get a few saturdays off work to compete ,eg. farmers, never mind getting another saturaday off to go and marshal. This puts many people at an unfair advantage. 15 points is a lot in the championship.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Originally posted by jbell737
There is quite a hefty penalty for not doing your marshalling in the championship. Is this right? Some may say that it eases the problem of not enough marshals but is that not what the entry fee is for. Many men can only get a few saturdays off work to compete ,eg. farmers, never mind getting another saturaday off to go and marshal. This puts many people at an unfair advantage. 15 points is a lot in the championship.
Many marshals don't have much time either.Why not marshal at a navigation rally on a Friday night,i think they count.Is it to much to ask that a competitor gives up ONE day a YEAR to marshal ?The entry fee covers the costs of the rally and giving the marshal food at most events.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think it has to be a stage rally run by one of the ANICC clubs to count. Anyway why such a big penalty.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Any rally or rally time trial run by an anicc club counts and if you marshal you gain five points to your total points, if you dont you lose ten, so theres something to gained by marshalling both in championship terms and for the clubs running events.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Get out there and give something back to the sport. What about the competitors who have marshalled on events that you have competed on? If they took your same attitude the clubs may have to cancel stages or even events. Dont look at it as a penalty. Its an incentive!!!!!!!

·
Gilbert Martin
112 Posts
This also happens with sprints and hillclimb championships. If you dont marshall the real penalty is the event wont run so everybody loses out. And I know some of the MSA Stewarts and am waiting for one of them to cancel an event due to lack of marshalls

·
Registered
115 Posts
My whole team went out and done a days marshalling we me and we had a great days fun which we hope to do more of next year. Its right to put something back into the sport.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
andy t said:
quit your crying go and put a bib on:mad: :mad:.

There is no need to get worked up about it. By the way i am not a farmer never mind a competitor i was just using them as an example. i set up this topic just to see what people thought so there is no need to tell me to stop crying "andy t".
.:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

[Edited on 9-11-2005 by jbell737]

[Edited on 9-11-2005 by jbell737]

·
Registered
5 Posts
Would it really be an invasion into competitors spare time
to come out and marshall at 1 event in the year.
dont just leave it to the ones who are looking
for their championship points so that they can get
their award at the end of the year...
IF PEOPLE DONT COME OUT AND MARSHALL RALLYING
WILL SOON SEE THE FIRST EVENT CANCELLED..
everyone knows the people who put something
back into the sport and the people who dont ".

1 - 10 of 10 Posts