Rally Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got pics of Stephen Emerson rallying either the Red/White Or Green MANTA 400
on following rallies:
92 - Cavan, Longford , Donegal International, Mourne ,rallies
93 - Cavan , longford ,Donegal International,rallies

???????????Text

[Edited on 3-5-2006 by Middle East Driver]

[Edited on 3-5-2006 by Middle East Driver]

·
Registered
54 Posts
Before my time did you try rallypics.org or roydempster.com not sure if John O Neill was at it then but give him a shout anyway.

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
I have a poster of a Manta that was in Carsport from a round of the NI championship in the early 90's, I will have a look and see who took it. (It may be Stephen Mawhinney though not Emerson)

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
I know Trevor Foster was one of the photographers taking photos for Carsport of the National championship in that era.

·
Darren O'Mahony
374 Posts
I have a poster of Emerson going round "Woodchester" on Knockalla, Donegal 1993 in the lovely BP Manta. It was in Carsport at the time.

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
Did Bill Connolly not have the BP Manta? he was from goresbridge and they own the red mills animal feed business,bought an m3 from Bertie Fisher, BP colours as well

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Originally posted by Jimmy Page
I have a poster of Emerson going round "Woodchester" on Knockalla, Donegal 1993 in the lovely BP Manta. It was in Carsport at the time.
Yes ... thats the car ( ex-Bill Connelly )..:yahoo:

Mr. Page - what you mean poster ? was it printed by Carsport ?

·
Darren O'Mahony
374 Posts
Maybe it was 1992 then so, as he wasn't a 00, unlike the pic posted by Martin there. It was the same year as he broke his arm on Hornhead when he got here pulled into a ditch on the driver's side. Think it was 1992 now come to think of it.

When I say a poster - well, a centre page spread type thingy.

·
Darren O'Mahony
374 Posts
Originally posted by fidgy
Did Bill Connolly not have the BP Manta? he was from goresbridge and they own the red mills animal feed business,bought an m3 from Bertie Fisher, BP colours as well
Indeed, the same man who brought a bit of bother on himself on the Circuit with the old pacenotes. (Apparently) :whistle:

·
Martin Costello
6,803 Posts
WHAT ARE YOU SITTING ON SIR? HOW DID THAT WHITE PIGEON GET IN THIS CAR ,THROW HIM OUT THE WINDOW QUICK AND MIND THAT OFFICIAL

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Originally posted by Jimmy Page
Originally posted by fidgy
Indeed, the same man who brought a bit of bother on himself on the Circuit with the old pacenotes. (Apparently) :whistle:
You referring to Connolly I presume ?

·
Older wise one !
1,880 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thnaks for posting the pics Martin..will get friend who was looking them to contact you via your website...
ps: think the Donegal pic with "003" on Doors was 1994 !

best regards,
M.E.D.;)

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
does anyone know if there are any pics from the time he hit the infamous tree in lurgan?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts