RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Should a motor club be involved with raising funds for one person to enter rallies, surely a motor club is for other competitors not just about one person.
Cant imagine asking other members of the club to give donations towards another competitor is exactly fair?, then again each to there own dont give if you disagree....

I have heard throughout the land that this topic has been talked over by quite a lot of people, but nothing has appeared here.

Does it mean next year if he wins the BRC another event will be held for everyone to sponsor it

Lets face it WRC drives are bought these days not given

Cant afford it dont do it

·
Registered
4 Posts
Great to see the Rally Community Sticking together once again.no one is focing u to go if u dont agree it seems to me that they are just supporting an up and coming star

·
Formerly PJ RS1800
2,919 Posts
Surely a motor club should be entitled to raise funds for such a promising young driver like Philip Morrow.
I'm sure his fellow club mates can see the potential this driver has and would love to see him go as far as possible.

Look at Niall McShea, would he have won the PWRC if it had not been for the generosity of Ollie O Donovan, Paddy White, Niall McGuire etc. etc. helping him to enter the last round.................

If you dont have BIG backing behind you these days it is nigh on impossible to get a chance and Morrows club are just trying to ensure that he gets the best chance possible

·
Gary Knight
1,087 Posts
Totally agree with what the two guys above me said. Philip seems extremely gifted and its great to see his motor club trying to help him out because as PJ said you don't get anywhere without help. I heard Philip on the radio last Friday night and he said the motor club expects to raise around £25,000 for him. That would be fantastic

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Beenabout, one comment stands out in your post...

"Cant imagine asking other members of the club to give donations towards another competitor is exactly fair".

The most important word in there is asked No-one is forcing people to go or buy tickets for the many fantastic auctions that will be taking place on the night. People are going because they want to support him. If you don't then that is your perogative.

I think it is great that a motorclub is helping a young gifted driver like Phillip. He is not only talented but determined, focused and he has the right people advising him. The more money that is rasied the better !!

Anyone else going to it on January 28th ?? It should be a cracking night and a good social afterwards.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Beenabout has only one post -obviously just having the craic or trying to stir things up.Everyone knows Morrows potential -brilliant pilot and as good as their is about at the minute.The man deserves all the help he can get

[Edited on 5-1-2006 by Eoin G]

·
Registered
462 Posts
My view on this is that it is very good of phillip morrows motor club to do this for him. We all know that motor clubs are made up of competitors but it is nice to see that they can recognise another persons talent and support him. I hope they get the money they hope. As Ciara said it should be a very good night.

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
Originally posted by Eoin G
Everyone knows Morrows potential -brilliant pilot and as good as their is about at the minute.
[Edited on 5-1-2006 by Eoin G]
Philip will always talk to anybody he meets and doesn't be arrogant unlike a lot of other people out there. ;)

keep'er lit:D

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Great idea to have this fund raiser he is obviously a talented young cub so why not help him?

If you dont agree dont go, give your money the ticket would cost to some other young driver you feel is talented and deserves financial support.

A ticket to this gig can only cost 50quid max and no one is asking the club members to buy a ticket its voluntary, and ever wee few bob adds up, everyone give a bit and all of a sudden its a contribution to Philip next year>

I think someone from the club said they would feel bad if in 5 years they look back and think that they didnt do their best for their local talent who has great potential.

Anyway beenabout just dont go, as I say give the price of a ticket for this do to some other deserving young driver and then feel happy you have contributed.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
No I dont even know what the details of it are
or where it is on?

other than it seems like a good idea to me to run a gig to support this great young driver, he done great things in a 6 this yr.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
No its ok thanks< Im very celibate this weather.

Mary the black hearted bitch ripped out my fragile little heart over xmas (right after she got her present of course)

So I am emotionally fragile of late, and as such have no interest in any girls- no matter how lovely they might be :-(

·
Registered
1,851 Posts
i think its great that the club is helping a rising star out well done too all involved its a great idea!!! and one have any info about the fund raising nite when and where its on and who is running it???

Tropsrotom dont worry about Mary the black hearted bitch i am sure you will find someone better and who wont run off on you:cool: by the way did she give you a present before she left or did she take her present and run :dunno::dunno::laugh:

·
Formerly spin doc
463 Posts
Any help to enhance the talented Philip should be greatly supported.
Well done to his motor club for doing this and as JP said would like more details as soon as anyone has them.

What are his Philips plans this year?

·
Gary Knight
1,087 Posts
Philip said on the radio that his plans were to do the BRC in a Greer Evo 9 and hopefully the Fiesta Championship (or whatever its called) in the WRC.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts