Rally Forums banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What does the homies think of the new dual country format?

Its not so bad, we havent lost our level of Irish news in the transition which is good, overall its not bad at all.

Funny story about the co driver getting sick! Harsh Headline!

As long as Pacenotes remembers we are the best rally country real and true:laugh:

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
I can't remember the last time i bought Pacenotes, sometime last year i guess. Personally I felt that the standard dropped with some articles being poorly written (to be honest some pieces look like a D-grade Leaving Cert English Essay) and quite simply i lost the urge to pay €3.10 to read it. But, if the general public are buying it, fair dues.

Before I get abused by other people for the above, i also feel that some articles in Flat2the Mat are badly written and only MN maintains a consistent standard of motorsport journalism IMO.

Just my 2c :yes:

[Edited on 21-2-2006 by teamgibbons]

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Originally posted by CiaraC
Yawn !!!!! ;)
GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Whats wrong with that comment???????????????

Have we not got rallies on every weekend with full entrys and great action 70+ WRC cars great banter good people.

No Kall Kwicks or Rallies of Kent being cancelled over here:mad:

No being stuck to an airfield or a caravan park if we want tarmac:mad:

No governing body trying to alienate clubmen in their MK2s while also trying to stiffle affluent gentlemen who choose to buy WRC cars because they can afford to and just want to drive them:mad:

·
Registered
58 Posts
Originally posted by teamgibbons
Personally I felt that the standard dropped with some articles being poorly written (to be honest some pieces look like a D-grade Leaving Cert English Essay)
With spelling almost as bad as on these forums?!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think the spelling is worser than on hear, they should tightin there act up in the office up their.

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Originally posted by Dutch Roll
Originally posted by teamgibbons
Personally I felt that the standard dropped with some articles being poorly written (to be honest some pieces look like a D-grade Leaving Cert English Essay)
With spelling almost as bad as on these forums?!
Not so much spelling. Articles starting with the like of .....

"Saturday, May 30th saw the running of the annual Rally of the Hills" - fails to capture interest of reader and looks amateur.

To the earlier comment, Ciara, we all know that Ireland has had and continues to have the healthiest rallying of the two.
"Yawn" is right!!! If you haven't noticed already you must be sound asleep.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If eye saw phonetics or semantecs as bad as dat I wud give dem a peice of my mind.

Is it realley nesseccary to not have gud spellink?

But only sum of Pacenotes articuls are D grade< sum R gud,

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
I agree with team gibbons, I am of the same opinion, stopped buying it myself late last year. Some articles are good most are not, no real news in it. And it cannot make it into the shops at the same time every month.
Pics are good though.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yeah I buy it but rearely is there fresh news in it, probably cuz its all on here first?

·
Simon Gillespie
414 Posts
I concur with you people. Distribution and release times are at best ad hoc. Also were my eyes deceiving me or is the price now €3.99?

Everyone says its great to have a rallying publication but lets face it, if you monopolise any market, without competition you will be running inefficently and not to the best of your ability and I feel thats whats happening Pacenotes.

I wouldn't call Flat To The Mat competition because it has no real structure or professionalism to its editorial commidities. And also it covers not just rallying but anything that has wheels on it. One good thing about it, is it's a magazine not a bloody big awkward newspaper.

Thats my opinion and i'm just waiting to be shot down and ex-communicated!!!

[Edited on 21-2-2006 by Simkev]

·
Formerly PJ RS1800
2,919 Posts
I buy Pacenotes every month but I've mostly heard all the news in it beforehand, normally on this site aswell!!! I still wouldn't miss it though and I still wouldn't stop buying it. I love the 20 questions bit and the retro bit is good also along with the pics!!!
I dont really bother with Flat to the Mat, I buy it the odd time but most of the newsagents I go to dont stock it anymore. It's ok, I wouldn't slag off the people who produce it, at least they're doing something to publicise motorsport a bit. Anyone remember the days when all we had was Carsport every month and that was half full of road car sh1te and single seater roundy roundy stuff??!!

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Originally posted by PJ_RS1800
I buy Pacenotes every month but I've mostly heard all the news in it beforehand, normally on this site aswell!!! I still wouldn't miss it though and I still wouldn't stop buying it.

I dont really bother with Flat to the Mat, I buy it the odd time but most of the newsagents I go to dont stock it anymore. It's ok, I wouldn't slag off the people who produce it, at least they're doing something to publicise motorsport a bit. Anyone remember the days when all we had was Carsport every month and that was half full of road car sh1te and single seater roundy roundy stuff??!!

Well said homie

·
Formerly gee
3,066 Posts
Originally posted by Tropsrotom
Originally posted by PJ_RS1800
I buy Pacenotes every month but I've mostly heard all the news in it beforehand, normally on this site aswell!!! I still wouldn't miss it though and I still wouldn't stop buying it.

Well said homie
agreed also well said PJ, i wouldn't miss a copy of PN mainly due to the fact thats its our ONLY publication that provides nothing but rallying, great pictures, some nice driver profiles and also advertising (but not enough to put you off reading it)

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
i miss rally xs. love a well presented format like that... we need a mag which is as well presented with proper rock solid content... pace notes is "ok" sometimes, lots of good images, not as well used as they could be but all in all it covers a good wide range. flat to the mat is a great clubman mag, low cost and gives a good coverage of the clubmans scene. and the charles hurst ( formerly carsport) mag is a lost cause. i mean they all have great teams behind them i just think they are all trying to be a lot of different things and are failing

1 - 20 of 47 Posts