Rally Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see a P2000 for sale over on www.rallycarsforsale.net
and it is an Irish car, someone called Gary Emmet, is he selling the car on behalf of someone. The only P2000 in the country I can think of are Martin Doherty, Ollie O Donovan, Peadar Hurson and DMG./?

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Aye but Damien does not own Barrables old car he hires it of DMG. Who is this Gary Emmet, I have never heard of him, whats his company called etc.

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cheers dcr22b, I heard of Evolution just never knew anything about them. So who do you think owns the LHD P2000 then?

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
You cannot upgrade a 99 spec to a P2000. Different animal altogether.

·
Registered
149 Posts
GARY EMMETS P2000

REG OF GARY EMMETS CAR IS X50 WRC,EX MC GARRITY FROM YPRES 2002 ,LURGAN PARK,AND PUNCHESTOWN RALLY.THEN SOLD TO GARY FOR THE QATAR RALLY TEAM TO COMPETE ON THE MIDDLE EAST RALLY CHAMPIONSHIP IN 2003.

·
Registered
2 Posts
The Qatar Rally Team in 2003 was Nasser Saleh Al Attiyah who used S7/8's.

Was it Hamed Al-Sowaidi (partnered by **** Morrissey) who used X50 in 2002?

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Jimbob, I think you mean 2001 and Hewlett Packard car, which was a P2000 and X50 WRC. In 2002 DMG had the S7

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
No Jim Bob is spot on as usual DMG used it in Ypres, some bother with a turbo if I remember right?

Garry Emmet is a living legend out in the middle east, some man to run a car, lot of respect for him out there.

Finneran has only done 2 rallies in Barrables car,

Maybe he took delivery of the Xsara he told people he was using in Middland this year:mad:

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
He certainly is spot on, but not with the year, it was 2001 when DMG had the P2000 and went to Ypres where he retired with gearbox problems in a rally won by Pieter Tsjoen in his corolla, Ian Greer was fourth at one stage but he went off into a ditch and Eamon Boland finished in the top 10 after a whole host of problems. I also think Finneran has done more then 2 rallies in Barrables car.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Finneran has done Middland, Cavan and Clare,

he was 24th in Class N1 in Middland, put her out a gate in Cavan and was 32nd in N4 in Clare, he has entered multiple other rallies at the bar, including the head in the clouds stages in an 07 Subaru s14 & 3/4 co driven by Nicky Grist:laugh:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts