Rally Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Formerly soup1
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering what is the handiest way to fit disc brakes to the back axle of a nova i.e.what discs to use and what calipers to use?

·
High Octane Sniffer
2,460 Posts
Solid discs would do on the rear you can either convert your rear axel to fit vauxhall Cavilier Setup as none of the nova or corsa's ever had disc brakes sadly or you can Take the rear calipier of a volfwagon Golf MK2 think they bolt straight but I think the chav ones are a better caliper, There a company that does the back axel conversion kits for the rear axel of a corsa/nova If you pick up a Total Vauxhall Magizine You will find there name in there M something ??

As for disc again you can buy sintered one with 4 or so small slits in them to clean the pad but ive been told that cutting one grove in the pad dose the same job!! But Solid will befo be enough on the rear anything bigger shell prob overbrake on the rrear and you dont want that :roll:

·
Formerly soup1
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i heard that discs from a 1 litre nova should fit on the back, havent tried
anything yet, just looking for a few ideas.I have calibra brakes on the front with a pedal box, was thinking of going back to a single master cylinder with the discs on the back

·
High Octane Sniffer
2,460 Posts
1 litre nova ?? they arnt disc ?? all nova n corsa axels fittings are the same expect the corsa a touch wider !! Im running std pedal box aeroquip lines ap bias valve vertical hyd handbrake!

Its cavilier or mk2 golf anything else hasnt been done yet n the nova been out a good wee while so id say there your best bet lad I sent you a u2u !

Ross

1 - 5 of 5 Posts