Rally Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Niall is down to drive a Ford Orion on the Circuit, he is top seed in the National ahead of Gallagher. Is this the famous 250bhp Sydney Meeke Orion which started his rallying career rolling

·
Registered
79 Posts
Not sure if its the Sydney Meeke car, Niall has been building a new orion for a few years now last i herd John Donnelly was putting in a 2.4 V6, GM unit it could be this car ?

·
Registered
866 Posts
Originally posted by noodles555
on crash . net when he won the pwrc they said

''noel mc sheene has just won the pwrc''

how stupid is that?
rossg comes to mind :p:eek::cool::dunno::idea:

·
Registered
174 Posts
He's doing the opening round of the American championship in a couple of weeks (Oregon Trails Rally April 21-23). If that goes well he'll do the full American championship.

[Edited on 31-3-2006 by fraggle]

·
Registered
866 Posts
good man niall :headache: i better see this beast on stage rather than in service :yahoo:

[Edited on 1-4-0606 by ral.ly]

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Originally posted by fraggle
He's doing the opening round of the American championship in a couple of weeks (Oregon Trails Rally April 21-23). If that goes well he'll do the full American championship.

[Edited on 31-3-2006 by fraggle]
Oregon Trails is the third round of the championship. The Sno Drift and 100 Acre Wood have run already.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hate to bring this up again BUT

Were did the money go to from the sprint u might think i being nasty but there men in jail for far less

·
Registered
174 Posts
This seems a bit weird, but the Oregon Rally is part of the Rally America Championship and not part of the United States Rally Championship. Whats the difference?

I guess it must the Rally America Championship he is considering contesting (although Oregon is the third round of that series as well)

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Oregon is not a round of the USRC, it is the 3rd round of the Rally America championship and I think that is the only championship is is a part of. You can drop 2 scores in RA championship so hopefully he can make his mark for the remainder of the year.

·
Registered
174 Posts
I think his main competition will be a guy who was finishing 5th or 6th in the Production Championship so he's pretty confident he can compete with him.

His main worry is that he will be in a brand new team, and he wants to be sure the car and team set up is right before committing for the whole year

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
It will be good to watch niall at easter but its sad to see a world champion fucking about with a ford orion, or the american championship for that matter.
Sod the usa, a few wrc drives instead would be better for him if he is serious about getting a wrc drive. No-one really gives a flying fig about the usa or who drives in it.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts