RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Super Moderator
829 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Due to the large numbers of chancers signing on at NI Championship events as media, It is now reqd to have proper media accreditation as proof .,before being allowed to sign on as media or press...Apparently this can be got from the MSA ?
Kieran.

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
Originally posted by anto
ya go to motorsport irelands website there is a form to fill out and include a letter from an editor of the paper to work for or send 2 pieces that you have got in the papers
Anto MI want the 2 printed pieces plus the letter this year....or maybe its just from me :dunno:

·
Anthony Concannon
3,846 Posts
Originally posted by peespeed
Originally posted by anto
ya go to motorsport irelands website there is a form to fill out and include a letter from an editor of the paper to work for or send 2 pieces that you have got in the papers
Anto MI want the 2 printed pieces plus the letter this year....or maybe its just from me :dunno:
o right i applyed last year havent been arsed to get it this year too busy

·
Registered
117 Posts
Originally posted by koneill
Due to the large numbers of chancers signing on at NI Championship events as media, It is now reqd to have proper media accreditation as proof .,before being allowed to sign on as media or press...Apparently this can be got from the MSA ?
Kieran.
go to
http://www.msauk.org/uploadedfiles/msa_forms/20056MediaApplication.pdf
and as far as i know it applies to all events, not just N.I. Championship events

·
Registered
487 Posts
anyone know how video guys can get Media Accreditation? Its not as if I can take cuttings out of a paper??

cheers Jonny

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
And how are you supposed to get things into print if you cant get the the bleedin acreditation. I have had seveal articles on house/property issues printed in the property section of the Belfast Telegraph last year and contributed to several articles in the Corri Self Build magazine-will that count?:p

[Edited on 1-3-2006 by rubywax]

·
PETER BOYD
1,839 Posts
I had photos in 2 motorsport papers last year and sent requests to both of them for a letter this year and got no reply. Last year when I applied to MI I was refused a pass"because you sell your photos" but am working on another option at the moment to try and get that elusive media card

·
Registered
487 Posts
peespeed, i reckon the majority of guys who have the passes sell photos so there must be some way for you to get it!

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
There must be someone who can forge one-I mean you can get fake euros, fake driving licences, fake passports, fake ferraris even-fake anything you want-for fakes sake:roll:

·
Fergus McAnallen
1,485 Posts
I wouldn't bother trying to forge the card tbh, they are numbered and everytime you sign on you have to declare your number. Now, it wouldn't look smart with two people signing under the one number!

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
no harm, no fowl but its about time... i marshalled earlier in the year and a few members of this forum... and others have been seen standing in totally stupid spots with cameras etc. and would not listen to marshalls telling them to move... you are not above the law.. you must respect the sport before someone gets killed... there are VERY few ppl who take fotos that are professionals.. ie do it for a living and therefor have the respect expected from a professional. most people are just hobbie photographers, who although good, should not be out of spectator areas taking shots, or be signed on... it just brings trouble:mad:

[Edited on 2-3-2006 by touch of the clutch]

·
Registered
619 Posts
couldn't agree more clutch

I have been at corners where ye pick a good spot before the cars come, only for the "media" to descend, dressed in matching yellow (or whatever color the bib is that day) and totally block your viewing.

At one corner on Donegal last year, I counted no less that 23 people with press bibs on - ridiculous, and that was omitting the 7 rpm guys sitting on the wall.

I understand the need for the media, but I suspect that only there are only about 12 full time "professional" rally photographers. crspics, rd.com, john o'neill, eymard brennan, ngmotorsport, graham service, martin mcorriston, big man hunter, john bailey, martin walsh, joe lane, gee. Full time in the sense that they cover rallies all over, not just in their back yard.

Leave these guys to get on with it. The rest of ye, peespeed, have got a £300 camera and free lens from jessops for Christmas, and all of a sudden ye are professionals, faking passes, and the rest. What happens if ye are hit by a car - have ye your own working insurance like the afore mentioned? I doubt it.

Basically, f eck off, so that speccies have a chance to see the corner.

·
Registered
31 Posts
touch clutch when i marshall i let the media lads and ladies do what they please.

If they are signed on it is not the marshalls responsibility is it?

regards
eddie

[Edited on 2-3-2006 by KUMHO]

·
Registered
462 Posts
Kuhmo you are correct. If media are signed on they are responsible for themselves but i would say if i was totally against where they were standing! Most are sesible but there are a few camera men who take far too many risks!

·
Steve Caldwell
508 Posts
yep, i cant see the point in taking risks, hardly worth it! :cool: does it have to be a motorsport paper gee or if you take photos for ordinary newspapers does that still count? :dunno:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts