Rally Forums banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
As I suggested some time ago-Austin would not retire at the end of 05 and there would be two Focus in MacHale hands for 2006

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Anthony,

I have no idea exactly where I will be or on what stages. I'll let you know as soon as I know.

REALLY looking forward to this one.

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Originally posted by motorsportphoto
I'll maybe catch up with you there on the stages Ciara??
Anthony,

I am on SS2/5 close to the start. You access it from a town called Guillaumes. Leg 2 I am on SS7 at a town called Sigale then on to SS12 at Moulinet close to the start. Leg 3 I am at Moulinet all day for both runs through the Tuirni stage.

Any idea where you are going yet ??

[Edited on 5-1-2006 by CiaraC]

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Originally posted by CiaraC
I am on SS2/5 close to the start. You access it from a town called Guillaumes. Leg 2 I am on SS7 at a town called Sigale then on to SS12 at Moulinet close to the start. Leg 3 I am at Moulinet all day for both runs through the Tuirni stage.
Rhubarb tart me! thats impressive!

Thats spectating with military percision!

Id just be hoping to get an ould programme along with me brekfast roll and alka seltzer tabs in any ould Centra shop and away with me:laugh:

·
Registered
105 Posts
Originally posted by motorsportphoto
I'll maybe catch up with you there on the stages Ciara??
Anthony,

Any idea where you are going yet ??

[Edited on 5-1-2006 by CiaraC]

Just looked at the stages. Last year I managed 3 per day, but I It might be difficult to get between stages this year. It all depends how the Media pass works out. The Sigale village was a cracker night stage through the village. But they are not going throught the village this time :(
I must sit down and plan out my spots. Hopefully some snow this year????

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been checking the weather forecasts in Valberg, within 15km of SS2/5 and there is quite a bit of snow in that area at the moment. The last reported snowfall that I can find was the 12th of December but from the webcam images there is still a lot of snow about. Apparently 40cm on the upper slopes and 30cm on the lower slopes.

The webcam is available at http://www.portalpes.com/webcams_alpes/webcams_0406.htm towards the end of the page. I can't find webcams for any of the other areas.

I found a cracker weather site www.meteoconsult.fr and at the moment the temps are quite varied...

Saint-Sauveur-Sur-Tinee (start of SS1/4) - between -1 and +5
Beuil (end of SS1/4) are between -6 and -1
Guillaumes (start of SS2/5) are between -3 and +3
Peone (middle of SS2/SS5) are between -5 and 0
Pierlas (near start of SS3/6) are between -5 and +1
Ilonse (near end of SS3/6) are between -5 and 0
Sigale (start of SS7) are between -4 and +2
St Antoin (start of SS8/10) are between -3 and +3
Toudon (end of SS8/10) are between -4 and +2
La Tour-sur-Tinee (near start of SS9/11) are between -2 and +4
Utelle (end of SS9/11) are between -3 and +3
La-Bollene-Vesubie (start of SS12/15/18) are between -3 and +4
Luceram (close to SS13/16) are between -2 and +5
Lantosque (near end of SS14/17) between -1 and +6

[Edited on 9-1-2006 by CiaraC]

·
Registered
105 Posts
I've been checking the weather forecasts in Valberg, within 15km of SS2/5 and there is quite a bit of snow in that area at the moment. The last reported snowfall that I can find was the 12th of December but from the webcam images there is still a lot of snow about. Apparently 40cm on the upper slopes and 30cm on the lower slopes.

The webcam is available at http://www.portalpes.com/webcams_alpes/webcams_0406.htm towards the end of the page. I can't find webcams for any of the other areas.

I found a cracker weather site www.meteoconsult.fr and at the moment the temps are quite varied...

Saint-Sauveur-Sur-Tinee (start of SS1/4) - between -1 and +5
Beuil (end of SS1/4) are between -6 and -1
Guillaumes (start of SS2/5) are between -3 and +3
Peone (middle of SS2/SS5) are between -5 and 0
Pierlas (near start of SS3/6) are between -5 and +1
Ilonse (near end of SS3/6) are between -5 and 0
Sigale (start of SS7) are between -4 and +2
St Antoin (start of SS8/10) are between -3 and +3
Toudon (end of SS8/10) are between -4 and +2
La Tour-sur-Tinee (near start of SS9/11) are between -2 and +4
Utelle (end of SS9/11) are between -3 and +3
La-Bollene-Vesubie (start of SS12/15/18) are between -3 and +4
Luceram (close to SS13/16) are between -2 and +5
Lantosque (near end of SS14/17) between -1 and +6

[Edited on 9-1-2006 by CiaraC]
Cheers Ciara

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Road closing time for the Turini stage on Saturday (SS12) is 14:38 and first car is on the stage at 16:38. The easiest way to Col De Tuirini, up through L'Escarene, Lucarem and Peira-Cava was closed off from 18:00 on the Saturday evening last year. People trying to get to the Col on the Sunday morning were turned back at the point where the D21 meets the D54.

Are you planning on the Col Anthony ?

I will be toward the end of the stage at Moulinet so won't be at the Col this year :(

[Edited on 10-1-2006 by CiaraC]

1 - 20 of 60 Posts