RallyForums.com banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With immediate effect.

Official release will be available tomorrow

Shock news as they were out testing the car in Spain last week and were on the way to Sweden for a test. There are a few more really good drivers looking for seats now...

[Edited on 14-12-2005 by CiaraC]

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
thats a sad loss:barf:

the evo was just starting to show its true colours again :mad:

thats the death of wrc cars now for sure :barf:

looks like the new super 2000 cars are on there road:roll:

·
Registered
109 Posts
headlines

this was on the way as mitshubishi motors have been losing serious amounts of money lately but toyota on ye other hand are ALMOST the worlds largest car maker:p

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It seems like bizarre timing as they have been testing the car in the past week and were on the way to Sweden for another test.

It will be interesting to see what the 'official' reason will be.

[Edited on 14-12-2005 by CiaraC]

·
Registered
109 Posts
big boss

i'd say it was the big management that did it the amount of money going into the wrc programme would not justify the advertisement potential at least on paper anyway they will probably come back when the wrc budgets become reasonable:idea:

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No doubt as Mitsubishi were one of the maufacturers that was very vocal about the cost of the WRC now.

·
Gary Knight
1,087 Posts
I see it says on their website that they will not return until 2008. Part of their "Revitalization Plan" although they will still compete on the Dakar.

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
This is seriously shit.............the WRC is going to be so sparse next year:dunno:

Poor oul Galli, I wonder who did he box when he heard the news:cool: cant of been his co driver he got redundancy last week (maybe he knew it was coming)

Pity for the poor mechanics and truckies and engineers etc etc, not a way to brighten up Christmas is it?

·
Registered
61 Posts
Thats bad news. If only Toyota would come back as they are making no effect on Formula 1??

[Edited on 14-12-2005 by PAULCOOKE]

·
Gary Knight
1,087 Posts
What would we do without Gigi if he doesn't find a drive? I'm glad I got to a wrc round this year as it's not looking too promising for 06.

There were rumours that Renault and Suzuki might come into the championship in the futrure but they are probably having second thoughts.

·
Registered
440 Posts
dont think suzuki are developing a s2000 car yet as they were going to go wrc but id say they definitely wont develope a world car now and s2000 seems the way to go...

·
Registered
440 Posts
and i presume that it was you who won that award at the ancro's... well done...

"Ciara Conlan won the Dennis Hopwood award for her media work"

·
we dnt need no edukayshun
2,242 Posts
Shame they are going when they have possibly the most exciting young driver in Galli and with their experience with passive diffs I thought they could be on the way back up.

WRC is basically dead now, just 3 driver/car combinations with a chance of winning next year on performance, are there any other rally championships worth following worldwide? I try to get to a couple of ITC rounds every year and a WRC round but 06 isnt going to be worth it, any recomendation for places to go to watch top quality rallying preferably with a little sunshine? Surely we dont have the only proper championship left??:dunno:

·
Registered
61 Posts
Well with Nesbitt doing the Irish Tarmac Championship next year along with Donnelly, McGarrity etc in a selection of top cars the Irish Tarmac Championship is hard to beat!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts