Rally Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
238 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I watched a programme on BBC 1 last night, after the ten o'clock news, which features a local business each week. Last night it was John Conwayand his Meteor operation.

Of interest to rally fans was that at least half the programme focused on his motorsport connections, and most of that on his "taking over" of the Circuit of Ireland.

Having watched this, there can be no doubt of the massive commitment John has to making this work, and the mountains he has moved just to get the press days, etc done. Its clear he has pulled together input from Maiden City, Donegal M.C's, and for me unbelieveable to see CB Curley as chairman of the operation. Although not featured in the programme, he has also Fred Gallagher working in an advisory role.

I was as sceptical as anyone when I heard of the new COI organising team, but on the back of what I saw last night, I'm more than willing to believe maybe this is the new dawn, that can set back what was once Irelands greatest event.

The proof of the pudding will be at Easter, but I think there's something to look forward to.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Also watched this last night, very interesting. It also shows the amount of work, time and effort he has put into the whole operation along with the others.

I agree on something to look forward too....

·
Paul Hughes
768 Posts
Watched this myself, great show!!! The man has put an unbelievable amount of time and hard work into this years circuit, id say itll be something to look forward too for a change!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
do you really think MR CONWAY is our answer to the problem and the saviour of the "CIRCUIT" he promised a few things last year but when it came to the crunch it never appeared:dunno:

·
Registered
44 Posts
The sucess or failure of the Ciruit, will not be down to Mr Meteor, - but down to The Maiden City & Donegal Motor Club. after all, it is them that will be doing all the work for him.

Without the cooperation from both clubs, there would not be an event this year!!

[Edited on 1-3-2006 by GRL]

·
Registered
121 Posts
GRL i think you might have forgotten about the other club that is involved heavily in running the event!!! i guess we will have to wait and see if the influence of these other clubs has any impact on it....... seen stages today malin head looks a cracker oohh burlocks might get a phone call later about this aahh what the helens bay....:D

·
Registered
44 Posts
Yes fair enough, there are other clubs involved.

But This years location is purly down to the maiden City & Donegal Motor Clubs.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Kenny, I couldn't agree more, but enthusiasm is nothing in rallying these days without the huge budget to back it up. Having said that, I wish the UAC, Maiden City and Donegal motor clubs the best of luck at Easter. Hopefully this years event will remind us what a great rally the Circuit of Ireland is!!!

·
Registered
121 Posts
you bet your ass its going to be a belter GTI.......... loving your work........ more to the point what the hells going to happen to reggies rolls???????? cant talk any longer RPM has just started TA TA 4 now..

·
Registered
11 Posts
C.O.I.

Originally posted by GRL
The sucess or failure of the Ciruit, will not be down to Mr Meteor, - but down to The Maiden City & Donegal Motor Club. after all, it is them that will be doing all the work for him.

Without the cooperation from both clubs, there would not be an event this year!!

[Edited on 1-3-2006 by GRL]
MR CONWAY STATED THAT THE CLUBS ON BOARD WERE TO DO AS HE SAID :laugh:
OR BE REPLACED

·
Registered
11 Posts
C.O.I.

Originally posted by GRL

Sorry boys you are not right it is meteor your only the skivies.:D

·
Registered
23 Posts
Originally posted by GRL

i dont agree with this as i am aware there are more uac, and maiden city members than there is donegal. i can see this rally running better than other years but they still need your support, marshals, timekeepers ,radio crews to make sure this becomes a better event and bck to standard of a true circuit of ireland, down the the country and not just in one area

1 - 14 of 14 Posts