RallyForums.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has Kris been droped by McRae, I ask this because when I was on McRae web site he is not on it, and the same for kris site McRae motorsport is not one of his partners.

·
Registered
378 Posts
yea mc Rae is looking for an up and coming driver meeke is two old at 27 or 28. Good luck to him this year all the same.

·
Premium Member
7,371 Posts
After carving out a healthy lead Meeke knocks a wheel off trying to pass Latvala and has to retire. Don't know what he can salvage over the next 2 days but he really should've been more careful. Better to lose a minute or so than crash out.*
This is make or brake time for him. Let's hope he can scrape a point or two together by Sunday.

Noel

* Granted none of know exactly what happened but that's the way it looks.

[Edited on 24-3-2006 by Noel157]

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
He's had enough chances and now he continues to throw them away

·
Registered
462 Posts
Meeke is not out of this rally yet, he lost alot of time on the stage and picked up 3.30min time penalties but is still in the event.

·
Registered
734 Posts
No one doubts his superb turn of speed, I think may be the fire in his belly burns to hot, thus too many mistakes. although yesterdays was a bit of bad luck

·
Premium Member
7,371 Posts
Only 14 seconds off the podium with one stage to go. Might just make it.

Noel

·
Premium Member
7,371 Posts
Looks like he's made the podium. Took half a minute out of Beres on the last stage. Great drive, just a pity about the penalty. Great drive by Sordo as well. 2nd place O/A.
Noel

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Originally posted by jonb
No one doubts his superb turn of speed, I think may be the fire in his belly burns to hot, thus too many mistakes. although yesterdays was a bit of bad luck
Don't know about that John, looked like pure wrecklessness from the in-car. Perhaps Patterson should have tried better to calm him down as the approached Latvalas car.

[Edited on 27-3-2006 by teamgibbons]

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
it was a great drive by Kris, but agreed, that move past Latvalas car was so pointless. He was well warned, could clearly see the way to squeeze past slowly but still managed to get the tail out and hit latvala. A bit wreckless.
If Sordo stays away from jwrc then surely kris should sew it up this year if you look at his times compared to his rivals on this rally.

·
Premium Member
7,371 Posts
As I said earlier it was hard to know the exact circumstances when he hit Latvala's car but after seeing it yesterday he did seem a bit reckless. From the in-car there was at least 50 - 100 spectators waving him down. He had enough time to slow down and creep past Latvala.
Hope he can keep it all together for Corsica even although without Sordo he doesn't have a lot of competition.

Noel

1 - 14 of 14 Posts