RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just Was on the rallynews website and it says that both gareth and austin will contest the monte and then Rally Ireland does this mean they won't be competing in Galway? Also they could be doin catalynua wonder will they put more into the wrc this year than they will to the home events?

·
Registered
866 Posts
thats what they were saying anyway :D:dunno::laugh::idea::);):p:caution:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
it said on john Kennys spot on the star paper today that gareth was in the 05 car?? Make more sense if he was since he's the up and coming one?

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah True enough ruby was talkin to ray breen and he said their isnt a terrific difference in em better suspension and a small change in the diffs thats about all

·
Registered
729 Posts
Is 'Daddy' McHale definitely doing the Monte ? I'm just wondering - like he's not after pulling out at the last minute - also who is driving which car ? Does anybody know yet :dunno:

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
Rallynews had it the other way around, McHale Snr in the 05 car and junior in the 03 car. Either way it is a learning year for Gareth and he justs needs to gain experience.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
Yes I would think thats the way it would be.

·
Anthony Concannon
3,846 Posts
from rallynews

Gareth McHale leads a strong Irish entry on the forthcoming Monte Carlo Rally in his new 05 Focus WRC. The reigning Irish forestry champion and Billy Coleman award winner along with co-driver Paul Nagle will make their debut on the Alpine event. McHale will have little time to acclimatise to his new WRC mount with what is likely to be only a short test this week. Following the Monte, the pair plan to contest Rally Ireland and almost certainly Catalonia leaving no time to defend their Irish Forestry title. Gareths father and Former Tarmac Champion Austin McHale with Brian Murphy are just couple cars behind in their 03 Focus while Eamonn Boland and Francis Regan will start their 04 Focus directly after McHale, this crew making their now regular trip to the principality.

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
I Know Anto, but further back on an earlier edition it had it the other way around, also Bolands car is an 03 Focus, with some 04 bits on it. Brian for all is wonderfull reporting is not great on cars and frequently gets it wrong, has it the wrong way around or drivers in the wrong car. So I take it with a pinch of salt. It would make sense the more experienced use's the 05 car and the young fella is let lose in the 03 until his experience of the car and his speed are up there.
Read Irish Notes from Dec 21st
I'm starting the year with the Monte Carlo, in the '03 Focus WRC. Paul Nagle will co-drive. The idea will be to get round in one piece, try not do anything stupid, get experience. I think I'm already pretty fit, but I'm working very hard to get even fitter, as I reckon that's a big part of rallying at world level, fitness and commitment. We have plans for the rest of the season, and we'll release details of that shortly. We will have a couple of potential backers on the Monte as well."

Austin MacHale commented from his Dublin base, "The backing is nearly complete for Gareth to do a fairly comprehensive programme. I'll definitely be entering Galway and will have an '05 Focus WRC. After that we'll see. There is a possibility I'll do the Monte as well, but that's not decided yet".

·
Registered
430 Posts
Gareth using the 05 car registration ET53 UNY its rhd looks stunning not sure what tyres hes using this year no obvious sign of kumho decals ??
austin using 03 car ejo2 kmu he has switched to michelin tyres from perrili strange that ?? although he did use michelins in galway 05 which was his most competitive drive last year then back on perrilis for remainder of year .

·
Alan Dalton
2,819 Posts
sd, any pics of Eamons car, I see his service truck in the back of one of your photos/

1 - 20 of 21 Posts