RallyForums.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,162 Posts
Would have seen the whole lot only I decided to walk back up the stage from that junction! Car doesn't look too badly damaged, but I'd doubt Timmy would park up and walk away, must have damaged wishbone/suspension

·
Leigh Cavanagh
811 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah,you cant really make it out from that picture but back axle was bent,massive chunks taken out of the right hand side rims and it looked like the wishbone was hanging down alright.
Just not nice to see €350,000+ worth of machinery abandoned at the side of the stage

·
Formerly anihel
1,883 Posts
Was at that very spot, the previous time and he came quite close to the wall that time too...just hopped the rear of the car off the bank.....bad timing on my part:dunno:

·
Registered
2,098 Posts
Originally posted by one winger
Just not nice to see €350,000+ worth of machinery abandoned at the side of the stage
yeah for fuck sake Tim how could you just leave the car!

A WRC is for life not just for Christmas

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Roll up Roll up-Buy your Mc Nulty Anoraks-only €200, get them when you can, lovely coats now, last few now, last few.

·
Registered
62 Posts
seen the crash he was goin very hard but 17 secs down on donnelly so must have made a mistake earlier in the stage and was tryin that bit to hard to make up time, great shame he was drivin brilliant

·
matt mitchell
2,730 Posts
looking at that picture there's a different spoiler on that car:dunno:

has the s10 not got a spoiler the same as the s9,s11 or s12 :dunno:

if it is different has it been homilgated:laugh:

·
Formerly tyreman
774 Posts
yea its the same shaped at the s9 and 11 with the carbon fibre exposed. That looks like an s7 or 8 spoiler, must have damaged or lost it in an earlier excursion.

·
Registered
729 Posts
When he went through the there first time was it there he damaged the back right hand side and lights - and needed the new spoiler ? I was there the second time when it went totally wrong - i looked under it and couldn't see that the back axel was bent unless one winger you herd from someone else ? I was talking to Tim after we lifted the car in off the road and asked him was there something happened him earlier in the stage (as they were heading for nearly been down 15 sec to Eugene ) and he told me he took too soft a tyre compound and the tyres went off ! - no grip !

·
Registered
4,377 Posts
Running an un-homologated part then-could have been excluded from the results had he finished the event and someone decided to make an issue of it-better to run with nothing on the back than an illegal part-big fine too=possibly

1 - 20 of 28 Posts