RallyForums.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Matthew Wilson will compete in the FIA World Rally Championship full-time in 2006, following confirmation that he will contest all 16-events with Ford's B team - the VK Stobart M-Sport Ford Rally team. Wilson Jr is expected to have a variety of team-mates in 2006 and according to the official WRC website - www.wrc.com - the contenders for the second seat include: Kosti Katajamaki, Jari-Matti Latvala, Luis-Perez Companc and Belgian champion, Peter Tsjoen - who is expected to drive the second car at the season opening Monte Carlo Rally. will be good to see a bit of our own grown "(well slighlty considering its GB)" back in the top wrc. Good luck Matt...

Chris

·
Trevor Dunne
3,799 Posts
just after been looking at the brc dvd (quite night in work) and its a shame m higgins isnt going to get a drive as well he is pure talent has to be the best allround driver in the uk and ireland.

·
Registered
619 Posts
higgins is the best in britain and ireland.

But it is money that gets ye a drive these days. Luckily, Wilson has the talent, but more importantly the backing.

·
Registered
1,843 Posts
I would say M ark Higgins is the best driver in UK and Irealnd and he deserves a chance in the Stobart VK team

·
Registered
1 Posts
"Wilson therefore gets his big chance next year courtesy of Eddie Stobart Motorsport and Vodka Kick, the energy drink manufacturers. With a change to the FIA World Championship rules, manufacturers can nominate a two-car ‘Number 2’ team in addition to their official ‘works team’ two car entry.

For his first foray into the World series, Wilson will be partnered by the vastly experienced Michael Orr (from Bangor) who co-drove for Antony Warmbold in last year’s World series in a Ford Focus WRC."

from stobartmotorsport.com

·
Registered
1,407 Posts
Originally posted by DavidN
Higgins is a excellent driver and apparently a sound bloke too, but he isnt the best driver in Britain or Ireland. He has had WRC/Pwrc chances and has done little with them
What about his drive on the 2001 Network Q in the RS Focus prior to Ford withdrawing after Sainzs accident??And without second and fifth gear for a lot of it!!
No,I'd have to disagree with anyone suggesting Higgins hasn't got what it takes.
I know we're all entitled to our opinion on here and mine is that Higgins is certainly one of the best,if not THE best in these islands.
And by the way,he'll be 36 in May,Colin McRae will be 38 in August.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts